BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by CodeHD »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:32 pm Played around a bit more. You can control the falloff of the dot product with the new "power" option in the math node.
Looks really nice! I also like the material look. :)

If I understand the material nodes correctly, I would suggest to not use only a z-component in the dot-product. The sides and bottom look a bit unnatuarlly clean like this.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

:mrgreen:
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:05 pm
The dust effect you wanted is now possible in v2.2alpha1.
You will need two of the new nodes from the "Utils" category: Hitpoint Info and Dot Product.
Then you can create a setup like in the attached images.
(Rhino model from http://threedscans.com/depot-des-sculpt ... ris/rhino/)
:D Well, for these nicessities I am willing to change multi dozen of my former materials.

:?: Scince when does Blender 2.79b render luxcorerender material previews if Blender file browser view is set to icons? I‘ve noticed this the first time yesterday when I appended a former material.
Anybody else already new about it :?:
Anyhow, this is a great feature :!:

And dusting is and other nodes even greater. Thanks a lot. :mrgreen:
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:04 pm Scince when does Blender 2.79b render luxcorerender material previews if Blender file browser view is set to icons? I‘ve noticed this the first time yesterday when I appended a former material.
Sounds good, but I can't get it to work here. Anything I need to enable? I assume you mean File->Append, then open a .blend file and go to the "material" section?
Attachments
2019-03-25_18-08-33.png
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:09 pm Sounds good, but I can't get it to work here. Anything I need to enable? I assume you mean File->Append, then open a .blend file and go to the "material" section?
Hmm, well I‘l check at home. As said it was big surprise. Maybe because I deleted all Blender previews from small to large somewhere stored bit I cannot recall their location. I have to look it up.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:09 pm Sounds good, but I can't get it to work here. Anything I need to enable? I assume you mean File->Append, then open a .blend file and go to the "material" section?
Yes, so far orrect. You can build previews by choose one of the menues below append. However, it worked well on Sunday witout building and now I can reproduce the nice resulta from then. Instead of luxcore materials it renders blender engine only. I tried different approaches but all lead to simple previews. Very strange!
MacBook Air with M1
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

There is no possibility to exclude some material from Material override. It's make it hard for transparent and glass shader.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:17 am There is no possibility to exclude some material from Material override. It's make it hard for transparent and glass shader.
Yes, emission should be kept as well.
I'll have a look if I can implement exceptions without changing material export too much.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Is there any possibility to merge Luxcore shader node and volume as single Ui. so we don't need to double check everything all the time :oops: .

Something like that:
Merge.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Sharlybg wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:50 am Is there any possibility to merge Luxcore shader node and volume as single Ui. so we don't need to double check everything all the time :oops: .

Something like that:

Merge.jpg
Or maybe it would be simpler, if a shortcut was introduced?
Like "Tab" is for Cycles node groups. "Tab" to get in & again "Tab" to get out of the group.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I have made it possible to add volume nodes to material node trees.
This makes it possible to have "inlined" volumes for simple cases where you only need the volume once in the scene.
I also added a new node tree preset called "Colored Glass" which adds a glass node and a clear volume node.
Attachments
left: old setup with pointer, right: new setup with inlined volume
left: old setup with pointer, right: new setup with inlined volume
the new "Colored Glass" preset
the new "Colored Glass" preset