BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Image Sequence Support continued

Post by FarbigeWelt »

After creating the new image sequence you can use Blender Sequencer to export the final movie.
There are lost of possibilities, I focused here on the minimun of steps.

Change view to sequencer and add your files.
Blender.Sequencer
Blender.Sequencer
Select your image sequence with i.e. box selection tool (press b).
Blender.Sequencer.Select.Box
Blender.Sequencer.Select.Box
Blender.Sequencer.Image.Strip
Blender.Sequencer.Image.Strip
Change ouput file format to a movie file type you prefer.
(Could be an advantage to enter a name.)
Blender.Sequencer.Animate.Settings
And there you have it, your movie with just a few clicks.
https://youtu.be/fMdy87gDZiI
Attachments
Blender.Sequencer.Output.mp4
Blender.Sequencer.Output.mp4
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Thanks for testing with the bouncing trees.
Didn't expect you to make a tutorial out of it :)
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:09 pm Thanks for testing with the bouncing trees.
Didn't expect you to make a tutorial out of it :)
Thank you very much.

One thing to add:
After your movie is exported, erase the strip in the sequencer (select strip, press x and confirm).
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

New quality-of-life features for the viewport: pixel size and the option to disable resolution reduction during first sample.
https://youtu.be/rQl-1213gtE
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:35 am New quality-of-life features for the viewport: pixel size and the option to disable resolution reduction during first sample.
YEEEEEESSSSS ! we get it well done. Thanks You.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:35 am New quality-of-life features for the viewport: pixel size and the option to disable resolution reduction during first sample.
Great! This is really very appreciated. :!:

Two things might be missing for the top shot: BiDir in view port (I don't now how to change the phyton script to enable BiDir), very useful in my in opinion, and if view port is set to camera zooming may lead to memory issues. You know, the mouse wheel zooms in very fast. Zooming is now issue for top, front, side view.
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:46 pm BiDir in view port (I don't now how to change the phyton script to enable BiDir), very useful in my in opinion
I will consider it, but it is really only useful in corner cases.
FarbigeWelt wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:46 pm if view port is set to camera zooming may lead to memory issues. You know, the mouse wheel zooms in very fast.
You mean the issue that the border in camera view is not clamped if it reaches over the viewport area.
Actually, funny story: Originally I wanted to solve this problem yesterday evening. I had attempted to fix it in the past a few times, and this time was no exception: it proved to be such an annoying problem and so difficult to fix that I gave up again. But while working on it I realized that it would be pretty easy to support pixel scaling, so I did that instead.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:08 pm
FarbigeWelt wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:46 pm BiDir in view port (I don't now how to change the phyton script to enable BiDir), very useful in my in opinion
I will consider it, but it is really only useful in corner cases.
FarbigeWelt wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:46 pm if view port is set to camera zooming may lead to memory issues. You know, the mouse wheel zooms in very fast.
You mean the issue that the border in camera view is not clamped if it reaches over the viewport area.
Actually, funny story: Originally I wanted to solve this problem yesterday evening. I had attempted to fix it in the past a few times, and this time was no exception: it proved to be such an annoying problem and so difficult to fix that I gave up again. But while working on it I realized that it would be pretty easy to support pixel scaling, so I did that instead.
Well, there are hobbies like driving a toxic green motor bike or diving in blue skies or riding down an insane steep hill. What is a physical light simulator without the thrill of a real time viewed laser beam cutting through scattering volumes and dispersive materials?
I disagree, this is a real show case, an eye catcher, this is surfing electromagnetic waves at high tide. You've already succeded to balance on the board. You are close to start the fun, aren't you?

This is strange. I did not expect to much difficulties there, actually there should not be any unknown parameter. I hope you find a solution there.
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:55 pm This is strange. I did not expect to much difficulties there, actually there should not be any unknown parameter. I hope you find a solution there.
I know it sounds stupid, but this is really much harder than it seems. I have the feeling that our code is a bit overcomplicated here, but on the other hand you have tons of stuff to consider. Calculating the viewport camera zoom alone requires arcane equations ...

Maybe some day I will look at it and see immediately what I was missing in the past.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:08 pm Calculating the viewport camera zoom alone requires arcane equations ...

Maybe some day I will look at it and see immediately what I was missing in the past.
Somehow I did expect this.
But the fact that zooming changes the view port rectangle size and also respects the check mark in dimensions for border lets me assume view port rectangle size is known in size and position on its displaying window. If rectangle is out of window border this shold be a comparable situation to dimensions border checkmark. How ever, I think you are closer than you see at the moment. Therefore, someday you will see it immediately. I'm sure.
MacBook Air with M1