BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

marcatore wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:52 am more modes like ping-pong and a reverse mode, do you think it's doable ??
Yes, it's possible to add these, good ideas.
I just emulated the way Cycles does image sequences, but I have to say I don't find it very intuitive to use.
So if I stray from the path and add ping-pong/reverse, maybe I should improve the user experience as well.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

great features but don't really understand how you manage to have image auto change without a video file as input :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

An image sequence is a series of images named "image001.png", "image002.png", "image003.png" etc.
Depending on the current frame in Blender, one of the images is chosen. For example, if we are on frame 2, we pick "image002.png".

That the images "auto-update" is actually an illusion.
On every frame change, the LuxCore session is destroyed and re-created. It just happens very fast.
When the session is created, the image from the sequence is chosen according to the current frame in Blender.

Actually it would not even work with a video file, because LuxCore does not support them.
You have to extract the frames from a video as single images to use them as image sequence.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Shared meshes (Alt+D copies) are now exported as instances when possible.
This makes the export faster and RAM usage lower in scenes that make use of them (e.g. the SSS dragons).

Note: it is not possible to instance the mesh if any mesh-deforming modifiers are used on the object.
Meaning any modifier not from this list: "COLLISION", "PARTICLE_INSTANCE", "PARTICLE_SYSTEM", "SMOKE"
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:15 pm Shared meshes (Alt+D copies) are now exported as instances when possible.
This makes the export faster and RAM usage lower in scenes that make use of them (e.g. the SSS dragons).

Note: it is not possible to instance the mesh if any mesh-deforming modifiers are used on the object.
Meaning any modifier not from this list: "COLLISION", "PARTICLE_INSTANCE", "PARTICLE_SYSTEM", "SMOKE"
Hmmm this is a nice improvement i've a very very huge scene with lot of building duplicating through alt+D but is an office job already done under Cycles (for workflow and compatibility purposes with other workstation ).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:15 pm Shared meshes (Alt+D copies) are now exported as instances when possible.

Does this work in the 2.1 alpha 2? I made some "alt+d" copies but a handful of trees didn't fit into 32GB ram, now I'm not sure if the feature isn't in the version I'm using or how to make instances....
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

v2.1alpha2 was released on 2018-06-29.
My post is from 2018-07-28 (about one month later).
So no, you will have to wait for the next alpha release.

However, v2.1alpha2 supports instancing via groups, particles or duplis.
E.g. add your object to a group with Ctrl+G, then Shift+A -> Group Instance -> your group.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:56 am v2.1alpha2 was released on 2018-06-29.
My post is from 2018-07-28 (about one month later).
So no, you will have to wait for the next alpha release.

However, v2.1alpha2 supports instancing via groups, particles or duplis.
E.g. add your object to a group with Ctrl+G, then Shift+A -> Group Instance -> your group.
Oh I see. Thanks for the help. Are there any timeframes or schedules I can check to see when certain releases are planned?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

lacilaci wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm Are there any timeframes or schedules I can check to see when certain releases are planned?
No, all you can currently do is look at the dates of the releases we did so far (in the news section) and try to estimate our release cycle from the mean time difference or something ;)
But because it's been over a month since the last release, I'd like to make one today, if possible.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:13 pm
lacilaci wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:02 pm Are there any timeframes or schedules I can check to see when certain releases are planned?
No, all you can currently do is look at the dates of the releases we did so far (in the news section) and try to estimate our release cycle from the mean time difference or something ;)
But because it's been over a month since the last release, I'd like to make one today, if possible.
That sounds great... cause I'm clearly failing somehow to make instances from groups (still fills up ram)...
Attachments
r2.jpg