BlendLuxCore Development

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Re: BlendLuxCore Development

Post by lacilaci »

Asticles wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:56 pm hi all,

I'm testing the 280 build, and I see that viewport render does not update material emission changes.

But great work!
Yes, there is a note about that on github download page (some material changes don't trigger viewport update)...
B.Y.O.B. is on vacation so we'll have to wait for further improvements and fixes. But for a first version it's pretty solid and stable
Odilkhan Yakubov

Post by Odilkhan Yakubov »

Dade wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:04 pm
alpistinho wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:49 pm If he doesn't use any OpenCL engine and disable it in the imagepipeline, he should be able to use the OpenCL version, no?
I'm afraid you get an error for the missing OpenCL-related DLLs as soon as you start the executable.
I will try as you said using Intel OpenCL. Any link to Intel OpenCl? Cuz in official site the Intel shown me to register for download with register blank like your company name, postal code and etc. But I havent any company, so how to easy to download Intel OpenCl?
alpistinho
Developer
Developer

Post by alpistinho »

Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Odilkhan Yakubov

I think you didnt understand me. I'm already saw official site that you sent me uppear. But for download I must fill the registration blank in the download section. But I havent any company or seems like stuff as posted in register blank.
alpistinho
Developer
Developer

Post by alpistinho »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:58 am But I havent any company or seems like stuff as posted in register blank.
You're probably trying to download the "Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications 18.1", right?

This one seems to be commecial, but the graphics drivers should also include a runtime for the CPU.

Under "Intel® Graphics Technology":
"Specifically target Intel® HD Graphics, Intel® Iris® Graphics, and Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics if available on Intel® Processors.
Systems with Intel® Graphics Technology can simultaneously deploy runtimes targeting the Intel® CPU."
Odilkhan Yakubov

alpistinho wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:16 am
Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:58 am But I havent any company or seems like stuff as posted in register blank.
You're probably trying to download the "Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications 18.1", right?

This one seems to be commecial, but the graphics drivers should also include a runtime for the CPU.

Under "Intel® Graphics Technology":
"Specifically target Intel® HD Graphics, Intel® Iris® Graphics, and Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics if available on Intel® Processors.
Systems with Intel® Graphics Technology can simultaneously deploy runtimes targeting the Intel® CPU."
Sorry, but I cant find any direct link for Intel Core 2 Quad processor OpenCL version in that your link.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Odilkhan Yakubov wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:14 pm Sorry, but I cant find any direct link for Intel Core 2 Quad processor OpenCL version in that your link.

Look for the "Intel® CPU Runtime for OpenCL™ Applications 18.1 for Windows* OS (64bit or 32bit)" section at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articl ... cl-drivers. However Intel Q6600 is an old CPU and may lack some of the SSE2/3/AVX/whatever support required by the driver; I'm not sure, you will have to check the documentation or just try to install the software.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

A though for the future: is there any particular reason why pack BlendLuxCore for Linux and Windows in 2 different .zips ? I mean: we could pack everything in a single archive, keeping exes/DLLs/etc. in 2 different "Linux" and "Windows" directories a letting Python load the right one according the OS :idea:
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

One question.

Do blendluxcore support renderlayer ?

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
neo2068
Developer
Developer

Post by neo2068 »

Sharlybg wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:28 am One question.

Do blendluxcore support renderlayer ?
Yes it supports render layers. In blender 2.8 there is no differentiation between view layers and render layers. First you have to add a new view layer on the top right menu. Then you can assign collections to that layer and the third step is to define if the layer should be rendered or not in the view layer tab. You can use each layer as an input in the compositor.
viewlayer.jpg
i7 5820K, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER + GTX 1080, Windows 10 64bit, Blender 2.83.5