PhotonGI cache

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Racleborg

Re: PhotonGI cache

Post by Racleborg »

The only crashes I seem to be having with PGI is when trying to re-work an old scene (which is probably already a mess due to my learning curve), and then swapping an old MATTE node with the new Disney appears to fix it.

Otherwise it feels like working with an ant on speed! :D
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Racleborg wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:44 pm The only crashes I seem to be having with PGI is when trying to re-work an old scene (which is probably already a mess due to my learning curve), and then swapping an old MATTE node with the new Disney appears to fix it.
Sounds weird, can you post the scene (possibly simplified while still reproducing the crash)?
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

by B.Y.O.B. » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:42 am
Racleborg wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:44 pm
The only crashes I seem to be having with PGI is when trying to re-work an old scene (which is probably already a mess due to my learning curve), and then swapping an old MATTE node with the new Disney appears to fix it.
Sounds weird, can you post the scene (possibly simplified while still reproducing the crash)?
I think I've already updated those scenes, but I'll look through the archives and try and find one that is still faulty. :)
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

@Dade
is there some rules to follow to have the best results fomr the PGI?

For example I'm doing some tests trying to understand how to reduce/remove noise from that part of the scene.
A mirror material should still has the "use photon GI2 option enabled?
Is a particles sytem used for carpet something like to exclude from the PGI?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

marcatore wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 am A mirror material should still has the "use photon GI2 option enabled?
PGI cache is never enabled on specular materials (mirror and glass) so it doesn't matter (probably BlendLuxCore should no show the flag at all for specular materials or show a explanation label).
marcatore wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 am Is a particles sytem used for carpet something like to exclude from the PGI?
Only if you need to save memory otherwise you can just use the default settings.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

This is also from an old scene (December 2018)and is creating a different error than the one mentioned earlier ‘Matte to Disney shader fix’. I hope it’s of some help. (Scene link and message attached)

I would have created a new post for this in User Support but I can't see the option for that any more?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdwgLaw01tLnj0lJ5MKC9dlePOC

Thank you
Attachments
error integer size.PNG
error integer size.PNG (3.13 KiB) Viewed 4138 times
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:05 pm This is also from an old scene (December 2018)and is creating a different error than the one mentioned earlier ‘Matte to Disney shader fix’. I hope it’s of some help. (Scene link and message attached)

I would have created a new post for this in User Support but I can't see the option for that any more?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhdwgLaw01tLnj0lJ5MKC9dlePOC

Thank you
Are you using a persistent cache file written with another version ? It looks like you are reading some kind of binary LuxCore file saved with a different version, or mixing different types of LuxCore binary files :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

Are you using a persistent cache file written with another version ?
Yes, I think by the way in which I've been re-working old scenes, that is probably what I've inadvertently been doing.

Thank you :)
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

I've deleted the old Untitled.PGI file and also tried switching OFF PGI but am now getting a new message with the same scene (attached)
Thanks
Attachments
PathOCLBase Error.PNG
PathOCLBase Error.PNG (4.76 KiB) Viewed 4099 times
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Can you post the console output? It should contain some traceback about the error.