PhotonGI cache

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: PhotonGI cache

Post by Sharlybg »

The only good bug, it is a dead one:
One man to rules them all ! :!:

a pretty hard battle. I hope this one will not come back again.too annoying to see this dirt on a so bright new feature.
Last edited by Sharlybg on Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

Good bug hunting!!! :)
@lacilaci black room is my guilty :)
andreymd87

Post by andreymd87 »

so decided to make a real comparison between corona and luxcore GI. some little details are different but main materials are almost equal. i used only environment flat color in both engines. however to make the window light pixel color identical i needed to set the gain of luxcore environment to 4. this might be visible in the scopes of the both exr images. however the interior of luxcore is still darker. i tried to tweak the settings as much as possible but could not get a brighter indirect light as corona. note that i used portal material in glass in corona. in luxcore is just a null(transparent) material. maybe this is the cause why the indirect lighting is still darker than needed. maybe there is possible to add a special gain for indirect light? :?: :?
Attachments
debug.JPG
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

andreymd87 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:57 pm so decided to make a real comparison between corona and luxcore GI. some little details are different but main materials are almost equal. i used only environment flat color in both engines. however to make the window light pixel color identical i needed to set the gain of luxcore environment to 4. this might be visible in the scopes of the both exr images. however the interior of luxcore is still darker. i tried to tweak the settings as much as possible but could not get a brighter indirect light as corona. note that i used portal material in glass in corona. in luxcore is just a null(transparent) material. maybe this is the cause why the indirect lighting is still darker than needed. maybe there is possible to add a special gain for indirect light? :?: :?
What are your luxcore and luxcore cache settings(how does cache debug look like)
What is the difference between using cache and not using cache in your luxcore render?
andreymd87

Post by andreymd87 »

lacilaci wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:02 pm
andreymd87 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 4:57 pm so decided to make a real comparison between corona and luxcore GI. some little details are different but main materials are almost equal. i used only environment flat color in both engines. however to make the window light pixel color identical i needed to set the gain of luxcore environment to 4. this might be visible in the scopes of the both exr images. however the interior of luxcore is still darker. i tried to tweak the settings as much as possible but could not get a brighter indirect light as corona. note that i used portal material in glass in corona. in luxcore is just a null(transparent) material. maybe this is the cause why the indirect lighting is still darker than needed. maybe there is possible to add a special gain for indirect light? :?: :?
What are your luxcore and luxcore cache settings(how does cache debug look like)
What is the difference between using cache and not using cache in your luxcore render?
better try yourself. load it with UI. there you will also see the corona exr in editor.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oEqi3_ ... sp=sharing

upd. without cache is even darker.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

I can't look at it right now, but tomorrow or after weekend. I suspect default power of luxcore flatcolor is too weak (it definitely is compared to sky for example)
andreymd87

Post by andreymd87 »

lacilaci wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:43 pm I can't look at it right now, but tomorrow or after weekend. I suspect default power of luxcore flatcolor is too weak (it definitely is compared to sky for example)
yeah, that's why i increased it to get identical power.
zuljin3d

Post by zuljin3d »

yep!! last build works perfectly.
no dark area. and black walls
Attachments
hdri opencl
hdri opencl
hdri pgi
hdri pgi
Actualy sorry for my google translate english :)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Sincerely, pretending to have the same outputs from 2 totally different rendering engines because you are inserting the "same" inputs is a veeeeery long shot.
I mean, are the models for light sources, materials, textures, camera, film response, etc. the same ? Are all the input values expressed with the same physical units ?
I wouldn't loose my sleep over that.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

The corona render i had try in the past always seem to have a tonemapper setup for maximum interior light. Sometime this cause exterior to be too bright by default. At least for the version i had.

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA