Usability and Luxcore workflow streamlining ideas

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Usability and Luxcore workflow streamlining ideas

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 pm I still cannot follow the request for an artistic sun. But if as Dade said sun gathers fireflies in the way of path render then sure there is a solution required like architectural glass.
By the way, you can disable the sun's visibility to specular rays to get a similar effect (maybe disable glossy rays as well, depending on the scene).
Remove the option for "distant light" this is were we should stick to real world and there is no other distant light than sun.
That's the situation on earth, but what about a trinary star system?
Attachments
2018-12-10_20-19-43.png
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

what about a trinary star system?
And believe it or not I have one of those in mind:

I was working on an animation, about a year ago, to advertise a sofa, where an alien and duck are flying through space. The alien has a comfy sofa as his driving seat and the duck is out on the mast....

So keep the Distant light, please. :D
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I use distant light also as it render faster in interior without fireflies ;)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:21 pm
FarbigeWelt wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 pm I still cannot follow the request for an artistic sun. But if as Dade said sun gathers fireflies in the way of path render then sure there is a solution required like architectural glass.
By the way, you can disable the sun's visibility to specular rays to get a similar effect (maybe disable glossy rays as well, depending on the scene).
Remove the option for "distant light" this is were we should stick to real world and there is no other distant light than sun.
That's the situation on earth, but what about a trinary star system?
I did mention ability to use multiple suns :P ... That covers your triple star system whenever you want to produce marketing material for a resort built in such planet...
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:41 pm I use distant light also as it render faster in interior without fireflies ;)
But mate, that's literally the reason why I question default sun behavior in luxcore in the first place.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

lacilaci wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:20 pm So I would still have to do 2 renders to be able to "use tricks". Whereas if I was allowed to hide light from shadows reflections and even make it exclusively affect only a selection of objects, I could in a single render do very complex trickery even more precisely and reliably than in reality. That's power right there that photog's can only dream of right now.
This is actually a much more interesting topic than black hole sun sounds in back yard. If opa's city is a better dream than the ones of the dark's realms or upside down modelled labirynths by gifted architects then objects should get not only the ability hovering but also bouncing, hiding, multiplying or stopping catched or/and or and/or swung by rays.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Ok, so this how I'd imagine it could work...
Attachments
luxui.jpg
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Nice! I like it, looks well sorted and very useful.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Thanks for the mockup, those are always a great help and make the discussion more concrete.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I'm not really fan of this mockup. It only give me the feeling that it is there to avoid newbie to do things wrong. It make engine choice more cumbersome. To avoid mistake people have to learn what they do. If it is a bit harder atm we can all fix it by sharing knowledge as more as possible.
It is like Bidir / light cache / denoiser and all theses stuffs are mysteries or too complex or useless so they should be avoided.
Don't think so.
The current blendluxcore make it easy to switch between engine and engine settings. Easy to adapt the engine to the scene scenario.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA