What is new in LuxCore API v2.1 ?

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Dade
Developer
Developer

What is new in LuxCore API v2.1 ?

Post by Dade »

The release notes of the under development v2.1 are available here: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... Notes_v2.1
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: What is new in LuxCore API v2.1 ?

Post by Dade »

I have recently discover a serious bug in TILEPATHOCL: there was a change, when the TODO tile list was empty, to render multiple times the same tile pass by error (i.e. doing an useless work). The TODO list can be empty when you have a lot of CPU cores/GPUs (note: each GPU can render up to 16 tiles in parallel so it is not rare to have an empty list). It can also happen when adaptive rendering has left only few tiles to render.

Aside from the waste of time/resources, the injection of duplicate data was also causing problems with the convergence test and the denoiser. During the fix of this problem, I have also discover another major problem with TILEPATHOCL and the denoiser resulting in a very blurred output.

I should have fixed all problems now.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: What is new in LuxCore API v2.1 ?

Post by Sharlybg »

I have recently discover a serious bug in TILEPATHOCL: there was a change, when the TODO tile list was empty, to render multiple times the same tile pass by error (i.e. doing an useless work). The TODO list can be empty when you have a lot of CPU cores/GPUs (note: each GPU can render up to 16 tiles in parallel so it is not rare to have an empty list). It can also happen when adaptive rendering has left only few tiles to render.

Aside from the waste of time/resources, the injection of duplicate data was also causing problems with the convergence test and the denoiser. During the fix of this problem, I have also discover another major problem with TILEPATHOCL and the denoiser resulting in a very blurred output.

I should have fixed all problems now.
SERIAL BUG KiLLER Mod ON :twisted: THANKS !

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA