Measured or tabulated materials in LuxCoreRender

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
chuchur

Measured or tabulated materials in LuxCoreRender

Post by chuchur »

Hi All,

I was looking for measured materials in Luxrender. I found how to define tabulated .nk fresnel data for metal material.

Would be helpful to have a way to define measured materials as in PBRT? (https://rgl.epfl.ch/publications/Dupuy2018Adaptive in PBRT v.4)

Are measured materials generally interesting for the LuxRender users?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Measured or tabulated materials in LuxCoreRender

Post by Dade »

chuchur wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:59 pm I was looking for measured materials in Luxrender. I found how to define tabulated .nk fresnel data for metal material.
LuxCore already supports .nk files for Metal material :?:
chuchur wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:59 pm Are measured materials generally interesting for the LuxRender users?
It is if it has a material database already available and it is distributed with a license compatible with LuxCore APL v2.0. Some scanned material database wasn't compatible with APL in the past.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
chuchur

Post by chuchur »

Thank you for the explanation. I hope such a database could be done by some university program.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

chuchur wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:40 pm Thank you for the explanation. I hope such a database could be done by some university program.
I was thinking to MERL: https://www.merl.com/brdf/

It was done by Mitsubishi but it can be used "without fee (only) for educational, research and non-profit purposes" so it is useless in our context.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties