Network render

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Network render

Post by TAO »

Just want to implement network render, so I checked the network render with luxcore in the blender and I have a few questions.
First is there any documentation for it?
Second does LuxCore have any bucket render to render a single frame on the network too or just each Pc should render just one frame at the time?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Network render

Post by Dade »

Beware that network rendering is a very underdeveloped feature.
TAO wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am Just want to implement network render, so I checked the network render with luxcore in the blender and I have a few questions.
Few lines of text here: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... _Rendering
TAO wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am Second does LuxCore have any bucket render to render a single frame on the network too or just each Pc should render just one frame at the time?
LuxCore doesn't use buckets but can merges different rendering of the same image on multiple PC (i.e. yes, you can use multiple PCs to accelerate the rendering the same image).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Dade wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:58 am Beware that network rendering is a very underdeveloped feature.
TAO wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am Just want to implement network render, so I checked the network render with luxcore in the blender and I have a few questions.
Few lines of text here: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/LuxCoreR ... _Rendering
TAO wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am Second does LuxCore have any bucket render to render a single frame on the network too or just each Pc should render just one frame at the time?
LuxCore doesn't use buckets but can merges different rendering of the same image on multiple PC (i.e. yes, you can use multiple PCs to accelerate the rendering the same image).
Is that possible to access that directly from C++?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

TAO wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:16 pm Is that possible to access that directly from C++?
It is all written in Python so no (i.e. you have to run an external command pyluxcoretools with command line options).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties