Changing color in Light Group Mixer

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
bartek_zgo

Changing color in Light Group Mixer

Post by bartek_zgo »

Hi Guys,
I have seen that in blender there is Light Group Mixer. I'm trying to implement something similar. So for each light I have in the scene, I create a separate Light Group. In that way I get one image output (OUTPUT_RADIANCE_GROUP) for each light. After this I take all images and merge them to obtain the render. This is working. I can multiply each radiance group by some factor to make light stronger or weaker. That is working too.
Now I would like to implement a nice thing that is working in maxwell. I want to change light color. I have no idea how to do this. As I have seen in Light Group Mixer you can change light color, but it is working by mixing the original light with another color. So it means that if the light was pure red, I will never get pure green. How can I do this?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Changing color in Light Group Mixer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I'd say the user should use white light. Then the light groups can be colored with a simple multiply operation.
bartek_zgo

Re: Changing color in Light Group Mixer

Post by bartek_zgo »

Thank you very much. I had the same idea but wanted be sure before writing code. Your answers are very helpful.