BlendLuxCore Particles support

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: BlendLuxCore Particles support

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I did some more work on particle/emitter visibility and updates during viewport render.
I think we can merge the branch into master.

There is still one bug during viewport render: when the number of particles is lowered, they are not deleted from the luxcore_scene.
However I don't think it's worth to fix this currently, it would require us to keep track of every particle in python which might slow things down again (and consumes memory).
And since a simple restart of the viewport render fixes it, I'd leave it like it is for now.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

However I don't think it's worth to fix this currently, it would require us to keep track of every particle in python which might slow things down again (and consumes memory). 
And since a simple restart of the viewport render fixes it, I'd leave it like it is for now.
So can you make the viewport render restart automatic when particles setting require it until the fix.this way we do not have to update it manually by switching between shading mod ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

To do that I would need the same info as for the fix ("particle x vanished"). And if I had that info, I could just fix it.
wasd

Post by wasd »

I have a question: does luxcore support particles motion blur now?
CPU Bidir + Metropolis | Core i5-4570
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

No, but I am very sure this will be very easy to do once I port the addon to Blender 2.8.