Luxcore vs real Photo

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Luxcore vs real Photo

Post by Sharlybg »

Is anyone able to render this with Luxcore standalone ?
00000.zip
(52.44 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
I'm trying with 2.4 official standalone without success.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

Sharlybg wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:05 pm This was my point since the begining. I am sure lot of super white materials goes above 0.7 or 0.85 of albedo reflectance.
Not just "super white" materials, any good white paint should be around 0.9. They are usually based on Titanium Dioxide (so is toothpaste btw.)
Real super whites for technical applications would be Barium Sulfate (BaSO4) or "Spectralon" (a sintered PTFE), and they even reach 0.99.

As a side note for the real world: to achieve the high reflectance you need to ensure a sufficient thickness of the paint. Because the white pigments scatter efficiently, you automatically get subsurface scattering. For Barium Sulfate paints, I have read an optimum of >0.5 mm, while the sintered (and hence porous) Spectralon even requires a thickness of 7 mm!
Sharlybg wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:05 pm Pure white lime look like magnesium oxide wich is above 0.85 to.
I've tried to read up again. From what I gather, "Lime white" is not actually a pure white but intentionally slightly colored?
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

Sharlybg wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:36 pm Is anyone able to render this with Luxcore standalone ?

00000.zip

I'm trying with 2.4 official standalone without success.
I just tried with a recent 2.5 build, and it fails for me too.