Wireframe texture

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Wireframe texture

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:09 pm This is something can only be done at BlendLuxCore level because, for the time LuxCore receives the mesh, it has already been tessellated in triangles and any previous information about where the mesh coming from is not included.

I'm not even sure it is possible win BlendLuxcore:
It should be possible, maybe in pyluxcore::DefineBlenderMesh(), if I'm not mistaken.
But it's a very minor feature, so I won't put it on my Todo list for now. Anyone else is welcome to implement it of course.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:36 pm It should be possible, maybe in pyluxcore::DefineBlenderMesh(), if I'm not mistaken.
If you have the information required, it is possible, you have just to set the vertex AOVs used by wireframe texture in BlendLuxCore instead of using the Shape to automatically create them.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

Just a thought in case this does get implemented eventaully On the corona example:
I notice that the rendered teapot in corona has curved wireframe lines. Since that would not be the case with triangles as large as shown in the model, an equivalent feature probably needs to take subdivision modifiers into account.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

CodeHD wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:11 am Just a thought in case this does get implemented eventaully On the corona example:
I notice that the rendered teapot in corona has curved wireframe lines. Since that would not be the case with triangles as large as shown in the model, an equivalent feature probably needs to take subdivision modifiers into account.
Actually, Corona looks to me like it is just using a texture and is not related to the underlaying mesh at all :?:
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
CodeHD
Donor
Donor

Post by CodeHD »

Dade wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:03 pm Actually, Corona looks to me like it is just using a texture and is not related to the underlaying mesh at all :?:
Your're right. The edges in the render and UI screenshot looked identical at first glance (except the curvature), but they do appear to be slightly different in location.
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

Hello, what's up? And the shader bevel, how is it?