LuxCoreRender Project wants you!

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
klayman

Re: LuxCoreRender Project wants you!

Post by klayman »

Dade wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:10 am It would be very useful. The WordPress style is available here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/WebSite

If you are interested, I could setup a test site at www-test.luxcorerender.org where we could do all the experiments/development we want.
Yes, please. I have the same nickname (klayman) on GitHub, if you'd like to grant me the contributor privileges for that repository.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

klayman wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:22 am
Dade wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:10 am It would be very useful. The WordPress style is available here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/WebSite

If you are interested, I could setup a test site at www-test.luxcorerender.org where we could do all the experiments/development we want.
Yes, please. I have the same nickname (klayman) on GitHub, if you'd like to grant me the contributor privileges for that repository.
You can just fork any repository and than fill a "Pull request": https://help.github.com/articles/about-pull-requests (it is the standard GitHub way of handling patches)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:30 am You can just fork any repository and than fill a "Pull request"
See also: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135
I look forward to your improvements :)
klayman

Post by klayman »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:58 am
Dade wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:30 am You can just fork any repository and than fill a "Pull request"
See also: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=135
I look forward to your improvements :)
Ok, I've just created my first pull request :) I didn't notice the separate topic on the new website before, so I'll continue there.
kroko

Post by kroko »

https://developer.apple.com/macos/whats-new/
OpenCL on macOS is depreciated, so you can close this thread now.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

kroko wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:38 pm https://developer.apple.com/macos/whats-new/
OpenCL on macOS is depreciated, so you can close this thread now.
It isn't only about MacOS support.
nidheeshdas

Post by nidheeshdas »

jensverwiebe wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:00 am
rombout wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:47 am HI there,

i was wondering if anyone successfully has made an OSX version. All links ive found so far are a dead end. Also the sit Luxrender.org shows links for an OSX version which are dead. There are no downloads so i wonder, why show a OSX link then?

I dont have any experience building blender builds orso.

Does any one know perhaps of a working link to a OSX working version of luxrender?

I tried adding an account on luxrender.net but they havent updated there capcha code generator on the register page. Therefor i cant register and there is no way or that i could find to contact any one about that. On the facts page they talk about connecting with a board member, but without an account you cant do anything there.

So if any one knows a person there high up, perhaps they can update the register page so new people can make an account
I have macOS luxcorerender alpha7 in testing. Works only on cpu and amd.
But its unclear what happens with NVidia gpu here.
Either opencl is still broken for NVidia or it affects only gpu's that use the NVidia webdriver ( aka not build in by apple ).
Also i stay with 10.11 to not break my expensive audio software again.

Jens
Can you please share whatever version you've built? Even if it's not properly packaged for official release, we could use it in our development and testing.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Any help and contribution is welcome. There are countless number of ways you can help the project, in no particular order:
Tester

I know everbody is testing to certain degree using the software noticing an issure and hopefully opens an issue, checking first if there isn't already one.
But there are some ways to standardize tests like having test cases or for more experienced tester an explorative approach.

Some test cases may also be used for tutorials, like e.g. installing the blender addon.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

LuxCore has a lot of unit tests and BlendLuxCore only has a few, not sure if you mean those?
We should definitely expand the automated tests in BlendLuxCore, but I think the test framework has to be rewritten first, it's really clunky to use.

When I have time again I want to create a few more example scenes that will be available from the downloads page. With .blend file and LuxCore file fromat.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

One of the problems of current unit tests for LuxCore is that they far exceed the the max. time available on Travis-CI. Run all of them on an average machine, requires many hours. We would need a dedicate server to run the tests non stop but we are lacking one.

P.S. as end result, even if we have the unit tests we end to never run them :|