LuxCoreRender Project wants you!

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Re: LuxCoreRender Project wants you!

Post by jensverwiebe »

artstud3 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:17 am
Dade wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:26 am
artstud3 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:26 pm I try to find someone to help in Mac community (C3D)
Jens has sent me a compiled version for MacOS, it is available at: https://luxcorerender.org/download
Thanks, i will try and test... :o It is not a stand alone version but an add-on for Blender.
:oops: i do not use Blender :roll:

PS: despite my lack of knowledge, etc...whatever i may do to help: Please ask)
Hi Herve

I had not much time yesterday, but you can use luxcorui and luxcoreconsole from within the addon just like standalone too.
If you move the binaries to another place, be aware to copy the embree/tbb/tbbmalloc libs too.
Example: goto the addon dir/bin, click on luxcoreui,, load a .cfg, voila.
If you cloned the luxcore repo already, you have a lot of example scenes available.

!! Its advised for now to play with blender, use this version untill 2.79a is released: https://builder.blender.org/download/bl ... x86_64.zip !!
I am pretty sure other exporters will show up with time, but atm only BlendLuxCore supports the new api basically .

This was just a testballoon on my still existing macOS 10.11 machine. The aim was to check how much is to be done to get it to work after the project reboot. Its not much todo in cmake but the libraries must be recompiled with c++11.

In the end i think we instruct you to do macOS maintaining :P

Basically:
- look at the old macos repository and see whats in there. Some dependencies will be obsolete for now ( qt, unless we keep luxmark as is , etc. )
- if you wonder: the structure is like a /opt or /usr/local looks alike, aka same includes/lib/bin structure
- the specialized config for osx is thus still valid ( except embree version )
- update embree to 2.17.1 ( simple header/lib replacement is okay )
- in cmake set min target to 10.9 now, c++11 will only work reliable on Mavericks and up.
- almost all what i once setup still works, just add the newer systems to cmake too ( 10.12, 10.13 ) , the highestmost sdk will still be used.
- read the old macos readme, the prerequisites are still valid. Just we have now git instead hg,
- live and learn , btw.: in 2008 i started just as you: great luxrender but no osx version, thus i jumped in and never regretted

Contact me if you have questions.

Jens
Last edited by jensverwiebe on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artstud3

Post by artstud3 »

What do you use ?

The stand alone version can be "extracted" by the Blender add-on but it is unlikely to be of any use for you without an add-on for your preferred 3D application (for instance 3DsMax, Maya, Daz3D, etc.).
Cheetah 3D / Silo / Poser
Take the Time...before the Time take you.
artstud3

Post by artstud3 »

(Removed full quote - BYOB)

Hi Jens,
That is something i will try to do...
Thank you to allow me "to try" to do something. :D
Regards
Hervé
PS: i will certainly contact you for help :lol:
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Post by jensverwiebe »

artstud3 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:26 pm (Removed full quote - BYOB)

Hi Jens,
That is something i will try to do...
Thank you to allow me "to try" to do something. :D
Regards
Hervé
PS: i will certainly contact you for help :lol:
Sure, every enthusiast is welcome ...
Little update: just saw you can take almost all c++11 compiled libs from the blender darwin libs repository ;)
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion ... ib/darwin/
The are just organized a bit different.

Jens
artstud3

Post by artstud3 »

Sure, every enthusiast is welcome ...
Little update: just saw you can take almost all c++11 compiled libs from the blender darwin libs repository ;)
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion ... ib/darwin/
The are just organized a bit different.

Jens

--------------

OK! i put it on my LuxRender links "needed for doing with ..."

Hervé
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

I'm in...

Hello to everyone in this new home.
I hope to have a bit of free time to give my feedbacks.

Have a nice luxrender rebooting for everyone!!!
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

Hi All,

Guys, this work you have done for the project reboot is just impressive! Thanks for your efforts!

I did some first tests yesterday, my first impression is that the OpenCL version has been improved a lot (no more crashes and maybe it's even faster than before?) and the new exporter is great.

I hope I have time to do some testing, probably when Blender 2.79a is out (the test build is not working for me because of Python version).

I would like to help bringing all this on, if possible: if there is anything that I can do (on Windows platform, like providing builds if needed or else), please just ask.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

acasta69 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 am I would like to help bringing all this on, if possible: if there is anything that I can do (on Windows platform, like providing builds if needed or else), please just ask.
If you could take care of all the management related to the Windows platform: compiling release binaries, taking care of https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/WindowsCompile and https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/WindowsCompileDeps, etc. you would have my eternal gratitude ... I really don't like to work under Windows :D

Gecko has recently written here (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=20#p441) that we could safely switch to VS2017. If you can take care of looking into this topic, we could release the alpha2 with VS2017 instead of sticking with the outdated VS2013.
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

Sure, I can look into that.
Have you already planned a release date for alpha2?
I ask because I won't have so much free time in the next one-two weeks.

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

acasta69 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:29 pm Have you already planned a release date for alpha2?
I ask because I won't have so much free time in the next one-two weeks.
There is no hurry (and we can steel release the alpha2 with VS2013 if we need). The switch to the a newer VS was not planned but if it works out of the box, it may worth doing.