Windows Build FAILED

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Re: Windows Build FAILED

Post by acasta69 »

Dade wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 10:45 am @Acasta69, I'm starting to think that compilation problem on Azure is due to the use of a Linux OpenCL SDK on Windows. The error seems to suggest that and the compilation on Windows works fine here.
You should check the OpenCL headers, the definition of "cl_ulong" type should be like:

Code: Select all

typedef unsigned __int64        cl_ulong;
I think I'm using this OpenCL SDK: https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAnd ... K/releases
I was using the same SDK, but since I installed the CUDA SDK, NVIDIA OpenCL is found and used.
The definition in 'cl_platform.h' in both SDKs matches the one you posted above.

Compilation with OpenCL and with CUDA is ok, the problem is when OpenCL is disabled.
The cl headers are not loaded in that case, even if 'ocl.h' is included, so 'cl_ulong' is not defined.

Can it be that there's a typo in here:

#if defined(SLG_OPENCL_KERNEL)
	unsigned long pixelsIndex;
#else
	cl_ulong pixelsIndex;	
#endif
Are we using an OpenCL type even if we are not in an OpenCL kernel (i.e. defined(SLG_OPENCL_KERNEL) is false)?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

acasta69 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:45 pm Compilation with OpenCL and with CUDA is ok, the problem is when OpenCL is disabled.
Ah, ok, it makes sense, I was thinking the error was when compiling the OpenCL enabled version. Indeed, cl_ulong is an OpenCL data type and it is not defined when OpenCL is not enabled.

I pushed a fix.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

acasta69 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:53 am
kintuX wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 11:40 pm So where are caches stored, so I can clear/ delete all & make proper comparison?
For LuxCore 2.3 it should be:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\kernel_cache
For v2.4 there are two locations:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\cuda_kernel_cache
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\ocl_kernel_cache
Dade wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:08 pm
acasta69 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:45 pm Compilation with OpenCL and with CUDA is ok, the problem is when OpenCL is disabled.
Ah, ok, it makes sense, I was thinking the error was when compiling the OpenCL enabled version. Indeed, cl_ulong is an OpenCL data type and it is not defined when OpenCL is not enabled.

I pushed a fix.
TYVM to both 8-)
---------------------------
Commit 93de16134

Build succeeded.
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Me again :roll: and a new problem :oops:

Build FAILED.

"C:\luxcorerender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\LuxRays.sln" (default target) (1) ->
       "C:\luxcorerender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\samples\luxcorescenedemo\luxcorescenedemo.vcxproj.metaproj"
        (default target) (15) ->
       "C:\luxcorerender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\samples\luxcorescenedemo\luxcorescenedemo.vcxproj" (default
        target) (24) ->
       (Link target) ->
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.CppCommon.tar
       gets(720,5): error MSB6006: "link.exe" exited with code -1073741819. [C:\luxcorerender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMak
       e\LuxCore\samples\luxcorescenedemo\luxcorescenedemo.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:03:26.63
--- FATAL ERROR RUNNING CMAKE ---
What to do? :?
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Compiling after latest commits (772e5eed4 & 1e5801c63):
Build succeeded
8-)
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

w/ latest commit (4cb96ab42)

Build FAILED.

"C:\luxcorerender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\LuxRays.sln" (default target) (1) ->
       "C:\luxcorerender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\samples\luxcoredemo\luxcoredemo.vcxproj.metaproj" (default
       target) (13) ->
       "C:\luxcorerender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\samples\luxcoredemo\luxcoredemo.vcxproj" (default target) (
       19) ->
       (Link target) ->
         c:\luxcorerender\luxcore\src\slg\core\sphericalfunction\sphericalfunction.cpp(130): fatal error C1001: An inte
       rnal error has occurred in the compiler. [C:\luxcorerender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\samples\luxcoredem
       o\luxcoredemo.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:03:45.01
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

It is the same error than before: "An internal error has occurred in the compiler". Your compiler is broken (or you have an hardware problem).

The build on Azure is working fine: https://dev.azure.com/LuxCoreRender/Lux ... 34e5207e1b
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Dade wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:07 pm It is the same error than before: "An internal error has occurred in the compiler". Your compiler is broken (or you have an hardware problem).

The build on Azure is working fine: https://dev.azure.com/LuxCoreRender/Lux ... 34e5207e1b
OK. After restarting Windows "Build succeeded."
Indeed, something got corrupt on my side & now I at least know what to do, if it happens again, so: "Thank you for the note."
:D
theoharkes

Post by theoharkes »

Hi everyone,
I'm attempting to build the LuxCoreRender for the first time using VS2019, but I'm getting the following errors from complex in slg-core project. Am I missing something?

Build FAILED.

"***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\LuxRays.sln" (default target) (1) ->
       "***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\src\slg\slg-core.vcxproj" (default target) (11) ->
       (ClCompile target) ->
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29333\include\complex(489,22): error C2589: 'float': illegal token on right side of '::' (compiling source file ***\LuxRender\LuxCore\src\slg\imagemap\imagemap.cpp) [***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\src\slg\slg-core.vcxproj]
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29333\include\complex(489): error C2062: type 'unknown-type' unexpected (compiling source file ***\LuxRender\LuxCore\src\slg\imagemap\imagemap.cpp) [***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\src\slg\slg-core.vcxproj]
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29333\include\complex(489,22): error C2589: 'float': illegal token on right side of '::' (compiling source file ***\LuxRender\LuxCore\src\slg\lights\visibility\envlightvisibilitycache.cpp) [***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\src\slg\slg-core.vcxproj]
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29333\include\complex(489): error C2062: type 'unknown-type' unexpected (compiling source file ***\LuxRender\LuxCore\src\slg\lights\visibility\envlightvisibilitycache.cpp) [***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\src\slg\slg-core.vcxproj]
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29333\include\complex(489,22): error C2589: 'float': illegal token on right side of '::' (compiling source file ***\LuxRender\LuxCore\src\slg\slg.cpp) [***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\src\slg\slg-core.vcxproj]
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29333\include\complex(489): error C2062: type 'unknown-type' unexpected (compiling source file ***\LuxRender\LuxCore\src\slg\slg.cpp) [***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\src\slg\slg-core.vcxproj]
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29333\include\complex(489,22): error C2589: 'float': illegal token on right side of '::' (compiling source file ***\LuxRender\LuxCore\src\slg\textures\texture.cpp) [***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\src\slg\slg-core.vcxproj]
         C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.28.29333\include\complex(489): error C2062: type 'unknown-type' unexpected (compiling source file ***\LuxRender\LuxCore\src\slg\textures\texture.cpp) [***\LuxRender\WindowsCompile\Build_CMake\LuxCore\src\slg\slg-core.vcxproj]

0 Warning(s)
    8 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:05:27.07
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

Just checked and it's happening also here, I'm going to look into that.

By the way, did you use the "cmake-build-x64.bat" to build with VS2019?
Could you please let me know if the script has correctly detected VS2019 or you had to use the "/vs2019" switch?
It should be possible to see that from the very first lines of output, before it begins detecting cmake.
Thank you in advance, it helps having some feedback as VS2019 is not much tested at the moment. :D

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87