Materials

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
400ml

Materials

Post by 400ml »

I noticed when using the bump node that you are allowed to put in a number string that is not shown in the view port. For example I have .003 entered and results shown is 0.00
Which is reflected on material results as well.
Attachments
Bump_NOde.png
Asticles
Donor
Donor

Re: Materials

Post by Asticles »

Also happens with camera linear exposure.
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Post by jensverwiebe »

400ml wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:47 pm I noticed when using the bump node that you are allowed to put in a number string that is not shown in the view port. For example I have .003 entered and results shown is 0.00
Which is reflected on material results as well.
Add more precision in the property. Its easy to find.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I think this is a Blender limitation (it does not automatically add more digits after the decimal point).
I can raise the amount of digits after the decimal point, but it is fixed.
It's annoying to have 2.00000000 everywhere, too, so we have to find a balance.
jensverwiebe wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:28 pm Add more precision in the property. Its easy to find.
As far as I know this can only be done in the Python code of the addon, or is there a way for a user to change the precision?

edit: by the way, 400ml, you are supposed to plug the texture into the upper slot.
The lower slot that is currently obscured in your setup is set to the "Distance" type which handles this case a bit better.
jensverwiebe
Supporting Users

Post by jensverwiebe »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm
jensverwiebe wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:28 pm Add more precision in the property. Its easy to find.
As far as I know this can only be done in the Python code of the addon, or is there a way for a user to change the precision?
Not quite, but i thought i am in the developer forum here ? :lol:
Meant more right-click -> edit source ;)
400ml

Post by 400ml »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 pm I think this is a Blender limitation (it does not automatically add more digits after the decimal point).
I can raise the amount of digits after the decimal point, but it is fixed.
It's annoying to have 2.00000000 everywhere, too, so we have to find a balance.

edit: by the way, 400ml, you are supposed to plug the texture into the upper slot.
The lower slot that is currently obscured in your setup is set to the "Distance" type which handles this case a bit better.
Thanks, I agree with all the zeros being somewhat annoying.