A baking test scene

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: A baking test scene

Post by Dade »

Racleborg wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:48 am With Blender is set to: CPU. Light tracing ON, Caustic cache ON , then when Bake All Objects is running in LUXCOREUI a message is regularly occurring
This can happen if you have a face not reachable from any light source (for instance if you are baking a face inside cube and not reachable by any light source). The resulting baked map should be just black as expected.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Racleborg

Post by Racleborg »

This can happen if you have a face not reachable from any light source (for instance if you are baking a face inside cube and not reachable by any light source). The resulting baked map should be just black as expected.
Thank you
nestanqueiro

Post by nestanqueiro »

Hello,
Is it possible to exclude some objects from baking? I know one can change render settings individually editing the config file, but naming conventions are still a bit difficult for complex scenes, and finding the correct objects is quite hard... But even with small render setting these objects do render... it would be cool to simply skip them.... say you have a room with a bookcase.... maybe you want to bake the walls and the bookcase it self, but not each individual book (hundreds in these particular example)...

Thanks!
nestanqueiro

Post by nestanqueiro »

Hi, Is it possible to disable objects from render baking?
I know one can change render setting per object editing the config file by hand, but naming conventions are complex for large scenes...
for example, say you have a room with a bookcase full of books... one may want to bake the room itself and the bookcase, but not hundreds of books... is this possible?
thanks.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

nestanqueiro wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:57 pm Is it possible to exclude some objects from baking? I know one can change render settings individually editing the config file, but naming conventions are still a bit difficult for complex scenes, and finding the correct objects is quite hard... But even with small render setting these objects do render... it would be cool to simply skip them.... say you have a room with a bookcase.... maybe you want to bake the walls and the bookcase it self, but not each individual book (hundreds in these particular example)...
It will once is integrated in BlendLuxCore. At the moment, without extending BlendLuxCore to mark the objects to bake or to not, it can not be done. You could use some trick like some specific prefix or postfix in the material or object name to select what to bake but it would be quite an hack.

Are you using luxcoreui to bake objects ?
nestanqueiro

Post by nestanqueiro »

To try it out, yes, but the naming convention used doesn't make it easy... requires me to do a lot of cleaning in the scene before baking, joining hundreds of objects and removing lots of materials to skip baking...
I'm looking forward to it's integration in BlendLuxCore so we have more control...
Thanks for this great addition to the renderer... in my line of work it will make a huge difference...
nestanqueiro

Post by nestanqueiro »

Is it possible to denoise a baked texture? I've tryed changing the pipeline for the rendered textures, but none of them is the denoised one...
Is it implemented already? Thanks
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

nestanqueiro wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:17 pm Is it possible to denoise a baked texture? I've tryed changing the pipeline for the rendered textures, but none of them is the denoised one...
Is it implemented already? Thanks
I have done some test but Intel OIDN has quite some problem denoising baked maps. It is likely because it is not trained for such a task. It has a new special mode for light maps but not yet for full baked maps.
I tried also BCD denoiser but it has also some problem with the border of UV "island" in baked map.

So it is still somewhat an open problem.
nestanqueiro

Post by nestanqueiro »

Hi Dade, is there an example on how to use the glTF v2.0 FILESAVER? is it only in the API and is not exposed, or is there a way to use it without coding?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

nestanqueiro wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:13 pm Hi Dade, is there an example on how to use the glTF v2.0 FILESAVER? is it only in the API and is not exposed, or is there a way to use it without coding?
Yes, there is a "Export (glTF)" in LuxCoreUI under menu "Rendering": https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... nu.cpp#L90

You can load a baked scene and export in glTF.