MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
Ericka
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by Ericka » Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:55 pm

TAO wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:22 pm
Almost 500% faster in instancing with the new approach.
https://youtu.be/zvdrp2fWISM
01.00_00_11_26.Still003.png
Of course, it can be faster, even more, the most expensive part is accessing 3dsmax UI and updating it that can be done in a longer period of time and not for every single object and the other part is creating mesh by LuxCore itself that maybe I will be able to improve it later.
I test a simple update by just removing the 3dsmax UI and it gets around 50% faster, so in the next feature, I will plan to create a call back for updating UI that updates the UI in a longer period of time like just onetime in a second, doing such things in MFC is kind of a headache.
That's amazing, when we can try new build and did you add support for particle system or we should wait for it?

User avatar
patro
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:09 pm
Location: mount Etna

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by patro » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:20 pm

TAO wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:17 pm
I get a few feedback from the Node base compositor and they all agree it is too much like Unreal blueprint and maybe I need to change it to something more like other compositors.
I did not decide that yet but I'm thinking of trying another interface design to see what will happen and what feedback I will get first.
Is it a problem if it looks almost like Unreal blueprint? I think to have to tool nicely working is just all we need :D

BTW, is to expect a new build ?

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by TAO » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Is it a problem if it looks almost like Unreal blueprint?
Not at all but I want something more convenient and there is a more useful GUI I will be able to achieve with a little bit more time. for example have parameters inside nodes so everyone can change it directly without using the settings panel, or perhaps GUI more like blender nodes so it is in the same shape for other platform users. as a result, I already create another node base view that everyone will like more.
BTW, is to expect a new build ?
Yes, I will be releasing a new build soon by adding Disney material and many features, also working on pixel shader to add support for an object with no UV set that needs a little bit more work to get finished.
Better and faster scene conversion and improving the speed with using less memory.
The next phase is to add the basic compositor to it to manage light group and post-process rendering in a more convenient way.
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 590#p30154

User avatar
patro
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:09 pm
Location: mount Etna

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by patro » Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:50 pm

TAO wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:39 pm
Is it a problem if it looks almost like Unreal blueprint?
Not at all but I want something more convenient and there is a more useful GUI I will be able to achieve with a little bit more time. for example have parameters inside nodes so everyone can change it directly without using the settings panel, or perhaps GUI more like blender nodes so it is in the same shape for other platform users. as a result, I already create another node base view that everyone will like more.
BTW, is to expect a new build ?
Yes, I will be releasing a new build soon by adding Disney material and many features, also working on pixel shader to add support for an object with no UV set that needs a little bit more work to get finished.
Better and faster scene conversion and improving the speed with using less memory.
The next phase is to add the basic compositor to it to manage light group and post-process rendering in a more convenient way.
Then I'm not complaing about the compositor wip :)
about new build, you know we wait with inpatience for it LOL

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by TAO » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm

New compositor style and a few nodes that almost finished. still, too much work to do. I hope everyone likes it.
Screenshot 2021-06-15 002302.jpeg
Screenshot 2021-06-15 002406.jpeg
I design it base on 3dsmax particle flow, so it has a familiar style for 3dsmax users also with the ability to change values in place, so it's much easier to work with and faster.
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 590#p30154

User avatar
patro
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:09 pm
Location: mount Etna

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by patro » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:19 am

TAO wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm
New compositor style and a few nodes that almost finished. still, too much work to do. I hope everyone likes it.
Screenshot 2021-06-15 002302.jpeg
Screenshot 2021-06-15 002406.jpeg
I design it base on 3dsmax particle flow, so it has a familiar style for 3dsmax users also with the ability to change values in place, so it's much easier to work with and faster.
Looks great :) I would make the light blue background dark grey, like the window background, so to have more contrasted and readable valeus.

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by TAO » Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:23 am

patro wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:19 am
TAO wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:26 pm
New compositor style and a few nodes that almost finished. still, too much work to do. I hope everyone likes it.
Screenshot 2021-06-15 002302.jpeg
Screenshot 2021-06-15 002406.jpeg
I design it base on 3dsmax particle flow, so it has a familiar style for 3dsmax users also with the ability to change values in place, so it's much easier to work with and faster.
Looks great :) I would make the light blue background dark grey, like the window background, so to have more contrasted and readable valeus.
or maybe I can change the font color to black. I'll try both of them and see which is better.
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 590#p30154

User avatar
TAO
Developer
Posts: 753
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by TAO » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:55 am

Scene convert is one of the fastest in all available renderers now, here is the comparison of rendered in one view with a scene combination of mesh, instancing, reference plus subdivides.
V-ray-> 3:33s
LuxCore-> 4:05s
Of course, I'll work on it in the future, and theoretically, I will be able to make it 40% faster but it is not my priority now.
Arnold-> 5:28
Appleseed-> 1:51:09 -> slowest, that's one of the reasons I said Appleseed has the instancing and in general conversation problem. now that LuxCore reaches this level of speed in building the scene I'm going to fix the Appleseed issue too in near future.
https://youtu.be/BH_swtxvvk0
01-Instancing-Compare.mp4_snapshot_04.23.084.jpg
Last edited by TAO on Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omid Ghotbi (TAO)
Last update information
https://forums.luxcorerender.org/viewto ... 590#p30154

User avatar
Sharlybg
Donor
Posts: 2907
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 pm
Location: Ivory Coast

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by Sharlybg » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:36 am

Only one word Bravo :
applause-20.gif
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA

User avatar
patro
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:09 pm
Location: mount Etna

Re: MaxToLux - Autodesk 3ds Max Integration for LuxCoreRender

Post by patro » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:45 am

TAO wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:55 am
Scene convert is one of the fastest in all available renderers now, here is the comparison of rendered in one view with a scene combination of mesh, instancing, reference plus subdivides.
V-ray-> 3:33s
LuxCore-> 4:05s
Arnold-> 5:28
Appleseed-> 1:51:09 -> slowest, that's one of the reasons I said Appleseed has the instancing and in general conversation problem. now that LuxCore reaches this level of speed in building the scene I'm going to fix the Appleseed issue too in near future.
Of course, I'll work on it in the future, and theoretically, I will be able to make it 40% faster but it is not my priority now.
https://youtu.be/BH_swtxvvk0

01-Instancing-Compare.mp4_snapshot_04.23.084.jpg
awesome.. simply awesome. BTW could you reduce further the memory used by LucCore compaered to Vray?

Might be a good thing to get mix material working... in new build.. maybe

Post Reply