Would it be possible to get Alpha on Glass Materials?

Discussion related to the LuxCore functionality, implementations and API.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Re: Would it be possible to get Alpha on Glass Materials?

Post by TAO »

You right about the accuracy, this type of transparency can not be accurate but what if add an option for it, like Corona, so the user can choose glass Alpha or transparency type.
Screenshot 2021-05-13 152432.jpeg
Sometimes, accuracy is not the case, and especially in Arch-Viz we need to have some kind of transparency, whatever is just simple alpha or high bitrate image transparency.
Last edited by TAO on Thu May 13, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MCurto

Post by MCurto »

Well, yeah, I know...for that we would have to go a lot further right?It's kind of an holly grail to have transparency on a glass and have some kind of auto-deformation of the transparency.I'm aware it's impossible, or at least not without some kind of heavily integrated software.But I'm sure this will help a lot of folks like me.Thanks again for making it so fast!
juangea
Donor
Donor

Post by juangea »

I agree, this is a very good change, a lot of times we are forced to use Architechtural to get alpha, and we prefer the aspect of the no -architectural glass, with this that situation won’t happen anymore, may not be as “exact”, but it’s much more useful :)

Besides, a displacement pass (refraction) could be generated to be able to refract what will be put behind (that’s just an idea)
JulianoLisboa

Post by JulianoLisboa »

I would like to thank Dade for his commitment, speed and promptness. This feature will further improve the use of Luxcore in product renderings. Thank you very much.