Ply ASCII

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
nigec

Re: Ply ASCII

Post by nigec »

The camera part of the LXS seems to be totally ignored if I run it in luxcoreui, everything else seems fine, the scene has models and texture
I thought it was maybe FOV but that appears right, rendering the camera is lower and very close

I was going to have a play tonight and see why this is happening
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

nigec wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:35 pm The camera part of the LXS seems to be totally ignored if I run it in luxcoreui, everything else seems fine, the scene has models and texture
I thought it was maybe FOV but that appears right, rendering the camera is lower and very close
The code to parser the LXS is there: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... rse.y#L891

So it is probably something related to the way the script export the camera, if you post an example, I can extend the parsing code to support the format used by the script.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
nigec

Post by nigec »

The plugin is doing a lot of strange things, its actually the models moving
Sketchup puts the axis at the corner of the model and both models are moving to line up on the corner edge. I tried to set the axis and now I'm not getting materials (its not exporting them)
The plugin is very temptamental, I think it needs re working to export scn and cfg files
I'm going to try a few more things, if I have no luck I might ask some of the Sketchup guys if they can help
nigec

Post by nigec »

here's the file, I've set the axis at the bottom center of both meshes, there is no textures but Sketchup exports textures that aren't applied and lists them is the lxm
It renders fine in Luxrender
Attachments
luxtest.zip
(9.38 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
nigec

Post by nigec »

if I ungroup the objects it then works, that's not a practical solution that's going to cause some really horrible geometry
Attachments
luxtest_works.zip
(14 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
yeah.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

nigec wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:48 pm if I ungroup the objects it then works, that's not a practical solution that's going to cause some really horrible geometry
I need a test scene showing the problem and an explanation/screenshot of how it should render instead. I have downloaded the latest scene you posted but it renders fine, the previous one, it is just black. How should it looks ? Is it the camera problem or the object problem you were talking about ?
nigec

Post by nigec »

This example you can see the model, I think the first example the camera was inside the mesh
As you can see the top cube has moved to the edge of bottom one, also the camera will start off at the edge of the bottom mesh
The picture I've moved the camera so its more obvious
In this example the meshes are grouped with the axis were Sketchup puts them
Attachments
luxtest2.zip
(18.93 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Untitled.jpg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

I have added the support of old LXS way to define instances and now the scene you posted seems to work fine:

lxs.jpg
nigec

Post by nigec »

Awesome Thanks :)

I'm just doing a scene I hope will test it.. loads of groups lol