wrong light groups with OpenCL

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
rickyx

Re: wrong light groups with OpenCL

Post by rickyx »

kintuX can you explain me your post: what do you suggest?

Thank you,
Rickyx
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

rickyx wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:59 am kintuX can you explain me your post: what do you suggest?

Thank you,
Rickyx
I'm suggesting nothing, but just showing different results using different techniques.
Since I don't know what the intended goal is, I can only advise to learn, to know what tools to use to achieve & deliver best results on time.
pixel_peeper

Post by pixel_peeper »

Ok, I ended up using cycles for the lights only, wich are an exr texture made from a top ortho render of every type of LED, made with LuxCore. The PCB it's rendered with LuxCore and everything is composed together and animated via some mix nodes. Maybe in the next days rickyx will try some different settings and optimiziations to do everything in Lux, for now we have a suitable shot.

thanks!
rickyx

Post by rickyx »

Here it is the final product:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8C82HYgT_Q

The first shot (~10 seconds) of this video was done using luxcore and cycles:
the background is luxcore, the led lights are openexr maps rendered in cycles and composited.
We generated the openexr maps making renders of the single led lights using luxcore multi-light feature (really good, with extreme dynamic range).

Thank you for your support,
RIccardo and Umberto