Render on different GPU

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
S0rda

Render on different GPU

Post by S0rda »

Explain, please, whether the suite will render in a situation where there is a gtx 1080ti and gtx 970 on the computer, with i7 6800k and 32 gb ram and 750w Power Supply, and I will need to render different images on different video cards. Calculation is based on the principle of "loading into a video card, processing in a video card to the end of the render, unloading from a video card"? That is, if I run one copy of the blender for each video card, will I get problems in the form of a limited number of lines pci-e?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Render on different GPU

Post by Dade »

S0rda wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:06 pm Explain, please, whether the suite will render in a situation where there is a gtx 1080ti and gtx 970 on the computer, with i7 6800k and 32 gb ram and 750w Power Supply, and I will need to render different images on different video cards. Calculation is based on the principle of "loading into a video card, processing in a video card to the end of the render, unloading from a video card"? That is, if I run one copy of the blender for each video card, will I get problems in the form of a limited number of lines pci-e?
Not really, the communication between CPU <=> GPU is designed to be quite small. In the past, I have used GPUs on PCIe 4x slot without any noticeable difference with the same GPU installed on a PCIe 16x slot. You should have no problems aside the additional CPU ram cost of running 2 copies of Blender.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
S0rda

Re: Render on different GPU

Post by S0rda »

Thanks!