resume render not working

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
peter

resume render not working

Post by peter »

I already search this forum and the internet but i couldn't get an answer/ solution to my problem.

I am not able to save and resume a scene with the standalone version of luxcorerender-v2.1-win64-opencl.

I can export my scene with blender and start rendering with the standalone renderer without any problem (opencl + path). Since I do not have a powerful GPU (GTX 750ti) my renderings take a lot of time, and I would like to do them whenever im off my computer. However I am not able to save and resume rendering, no matter what I try.

I can save or export the render from the GUI menu or do it via render.cfg and a periodic save. Both of the methods even produce rsm-Files, but whenever I try to resume rendering from a rsm-File the rendering process again starts at 0 samples.

Is this a bug of the current release or do I understand sth. terribly wrong?

Thanks for your support.
Peter
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: resume render not working

Post by Dade »

I'm investigating what is going wrong.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

I should have fixed the problem, you can use the LuxCoreUI included in automatic builds (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=736) and it should work fine. The build should be ready in a couple of hours.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
peter

Post by peter »

Thank you for your reply and your work.

But when I use the build from this link (https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... tag/latest) which is from January 16th, resume still doesn't work for me, maybe there is some problem with the automatic build pipeline since the last build is already almost one week old, and therefor your resume fix is maybe not part of the current build to download.

yours Peter