Light strategies and importance change lighting

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Light strategies and importance change lighting

Post by Sharlybg »

It's causing paranoya and depression. Should be avoided if possible
you kill me :lol: now wonder your MBTI :lol: : https://www.16personalities.com/personality-types
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Once, a buyer asked fir the next Windows version, the seller answered, what, you again? Already finished playing the current versuon?
I know there isn’t much time in production to fiddle with nasty level‘s end bosses, but BCD is only the entry level compared to biasing on object level. Then you need per one coder several dozens supporter to assist users wirh their observations. Could lead to a good business plan, one question free per month, three for a few bucks, ten for a dozen and so on. Reinvest in further options with even more puzzles to be solved and sure don’t forget to advertize them with true color oversized poster prints.

Bidir, to say it again, works steadly and reliable together with Metropolis, over night or on a second machine without much adjustments and surprises like scratches on surfaces, missing reflections or caustics. And you can move sliders and see what you will get in a small view port almost instantly.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Dade wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 pm
Racleborg wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 pm
BCD spikes removal option without the denoiser
How do I set this up so that the denoiser only effect the fireflies?
It is an option I have to add but it should be pretty easy.
I have added the support for running BCD spikes filter alone, decoupled from the denoiser. It can be done by setting the new property ".applydenoise" to 0:

Code: Select all

film.imagepipelines.1.0.filterspikes = 1
film.imagepipelines.1.0.applydenoise = 0
The is an example of how it works:

spikes.jpg

As you see, BCD spikes filter is more intended to remove alone fireflies and will leave group of them untouched. There is a parameter, the spike standard deviation threshold to decide the strength of the spikes removal. This parameter is not scene dependent but it is a percentage (i.e. 2.0 = over 200% of neighbor pixels).

To racap, advantage:

- no scene dependent parameter

Disvantages:

- the same memory cost of BCD denoiser (but it is "free" if you use the denoiser)
- no clamp of hard to render caustics (i.e. group of bright pixels), etc.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:47 am - no clamp of hard to render caustics (i.e. group of bright pixels), etc.
But aren't fireflies always hard to render caustics?
So the longer you render, the more caustic paths are found and eventually any single firefly develops into a clump.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:47 am
Dade wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:02 pm
Racleborg wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 pm

How do I set this up so that the denoiser only effect the fireflies?
It is an option I have to add but it should be pretty easy.
I have added the support for running BCD spikes filter alone, decoupled from the denoiser. It can be done by setting the new property ".applydenoise" to 0:

Code: Select all

film.imagepipelines.1.0.filterspikes = 1
film.imagepipelines.1.0.applydenoise = 0
The is an example of how it works:

spikes.jpg

As you see, BCD spikes filter is more intended to remove alone fireflies and will leave group of them untouched. There is a parameter, the spike standard deviation threshold to decide the strength of the spikes removal. This parameter is not scene dependent but it is a percentage (i.e. 2.0 = over 200% of neighbor pixels).

To racap, advantage:

- no scene dependent parameter

Disvantages:

- the same memory cost of BCD denoiser (but it is "free" if you use the denoiser)
- no clamp of hard to render caustics (i.e. group of bright pixels), etc.
But why :?: Who is this feature for :shock: