Liquid Volumes

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Liquid Volumes

Post by Dade »

pulgasari wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 pm Am I right in that currently, many of the specular effects with prisms, etc, are not available in their full glory on the GPU, or am I just not getting how to do it as far as the rendering algorithms. Because they work for me on the CPU, but not the GPU.
Yes, CPU supports bidirectional path tracing and it is capable to render some light path simple path tracing can not.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
stanland

Post by stanland »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:18 pm Here's an example:
Why when you disable Interior Volume from glass the IOR stays the same as in the (Luxcore volume nodes) but refractions are different? Do you have to use Interior Volume with clear glass?
Attachments
Interior-Volume.jpg
No-Interior-Volume.jpg
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Because the glass volume has a higher priority than the liquid volume, so it "cuts away" some of the liquid.
If you remove the glass, the liquid is no longer "cut away". This creates an invalid volume setup, the IOR on the boundaries is no longer computed correctly etc.

You don't have to use an interior volume in all cases, but in this case it's necessary. Or you have to model the scene differently.