Haltspp BCD denoiser

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Fox

Haltspp BCD denoiser

Post by Fox »

Hi

In luxcorerender-v2.1beta1-win64-opencl Ui is the changing of Haltspp supported?
Maybe related to BCD_DENOISER or not, but i loaded the scene file with Haltspp 5000 and somewhere 6-7 hours in render i changed the value higher.
After i hit apply in LuxCore, the windows spinning wheels comes up and the ui is unresponsive even after denoising is finished. Auto save saved the film outputs, but was stuck at film saving. Might have needed more time to save film, i waited 4 minutes and closed the render.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Haltspp BCD denoiser

Post by Dade »

Fox wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:55 pm Maybe related to BCD_DENOISER or not, but i loaded the scene file with Haltspp 5000 and somewhere 6-7 hours in render i changed the value higher.
After i hit apply in LuxCore, the windows spinning wheels comes up and the ui is unresponsive even after denoising is finished. Auto save saved the film outputs, but was stuck at film saving. Might have needed more time to save film, i waited 4 minutes and closed the render.
Usually, changing a configuration in LuxCoreUI will trigger a restart of the rendering from scretch (i.e. you can not change the haltspp parameter on the fly).
Have checked the log output ? (Re-)starting the rendering can take long if it involves some pre-processing like direct light sampling cache or OpenCL kernel compilation.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Fox

Re: Haltspp BCD denoiser

Post by Fox »

I see, thank you Dade.
I will just keep the haltspp at 100k or off and have the auto save interval at 6 hours, so it wont spend too much time on denoising.
BCD denoiser is pretty cool tool. I thought it will destroy too much, but not the case. At 4000 x 4000 pixels the denoising takes only 15 minutes with default settings.