Pain in the...back

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Ezearebalo

Pain in the...back

Post by Ezearebalo »

:D :D Let me tell you that install the addon and set up a render via console or command line without a graphic interface it s hard work. Im fighting with the system jejejeje. Someone could do it , i m stuck :roll: :?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Pain in the...back

Post by Dade »

Ezearebalo wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:43 pm :D :D Let me tell you that install the addon and set up a render via console or command line without a graphic interface it s hard work. Im fighting with the system jejejeje. Someone could do it , i m stuck :roll: :?
Can you elaborate ? Stuck while trying to do what ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Ezearebalo

Post by Ezearebalo »

Hi Dade, there are 4 steps :shock:

1.install the addon. Using command line
(i think i achieved)

2. Activate te addon . You have to copy the user preferences .py from a activated blender installed in your pc and replace the one of the server.

( i don t know if i do it correctly)

3 Execute the render, i can figurate the name of the engine. Cycles its CYCLES for example.
I cant use the command -blender --engine help ( or something like that now i dont remember.)

4. I dont know if Luxcore select all the graphics card installed by default ?it does ?

But don t worry later i will work in this and make a better post ;)
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

It is one possible route (installing all Blender, etc.) to work on a remote server but it may simpler to export from your Blender in LuxCore binary format (a single file including everything) and than run LuxCoreRender stand alone version on the remote server to render the binary file.

It may be easier because you have to install only LuxCoreRender stand alone and nothing else. Is the remote server Linux or Windows ?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Do you plan to render only stills or also animations?
Ezearebalo wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:00 pm 3 Execute the render, i can figurate the name of the engine. Cycles its CYCLES for example.
I cant use the command -blender --engine help ( or something like that now i dont remember.)
LuxCore is LUXCORE: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendL ... it__.py#L8
Ezearebalo wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:00 pm 4. I dont know if Luxcore select all the graphics card installed by default ?it does ?
I think so, yes.
Only if OpenCL works, of course.
Dade wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:06 pm but it may simpler to export from your Blender in LuxCore binary format (a single file including everything) and than run LuxCoreRender stand alone version on the remote server to render the binary file.
There are two problems I can imagine with this:
  • BlendLuxCore sets the OpenCL device string explicitely. If the OpenCL devices between the computer where the .bcf was created and the headless computer are different: will LuxCore standalone detect this and ignore the device selection string? Should I change BlendLuxCore to only set the "opencl.gpu.use" and "opencl.cpu.use" properties instead of the device selection string if the scene is exported to cfg/bcf?
  • Animations with a heavy scene will require to duplicate a lot of data (meshes, textures). The user also has to write a batch script to do the animation.
Ezearebalo

Post by Ezearebalo »

Dade wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:06 pm Is the remote server Linux or Windows ?
Its linux, debian
B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:34 pm Do you plan to render only stills or also
Both stills and animation but frame by frame not avi or mpeg
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:34 pm BlendLuxCore sets the OpenCL device string explicitely. If the OpenCL devices between the computer where the .bcf was created and the headless computer are different: will LuxCore standalone detect this and ignore the device selection string? Should I change BlendLuxCore to only set the "opencl.gpu.use" and "opencl.cpu.use" properties instead of the device selection string if the scene is exported to cfg/bcf?
The device settings can be overwritten by command line like any other option ("-D" option).