cannot activate lux render

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Anthony O

Re: cannot activate lux render

Post by Anthony O »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation without internet for a few days.

We are back again at the error message in the first post, correct?
Most search results from the internet point to problems with the Python installation, so you could try reinstalling Blender and/or uninstalling all other Python installations on your PC.

However, first to make sure: You do have a 64 bit Windows, right? Our builds don't work on 32 bit machines.
no worries. everyone needs a timeout at some point ;) yes it is the first error message again. i will try to do so but this might take a while till i can try this. and sure i got 64 bit windows 8 ;)
Anthony O

Post by Anthony O »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 am Hi, sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation without internet for a few days.

We are back again at the error message in the first post, correct?
Most search results from the internet point to problems with the Python installation, so you could try reinstalling Blender and/or uninstalling all other Python installations on your PC.

However, first to make sure: You do have a 64 bit Windows, right? Our builds don't work on 32 bit machines.

so i uninstalled all python related installations and reinstalled blender but the errormessage remains the same.

"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\packages\__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
from . import urllib3
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\packages\urllib3\__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
from .connectionpool import (
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 7, in <module>
from socket import error as SocketError, timeout as SocketTimeout
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\socket.py", line 49, in <module>
import _socket
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 ist keine zulässige Win32-Anwendung.

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 331, in enable
mod = __import__(module_name)
File "C:\Users\Antony\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
from . import engine, handlers, nodes, operators, properties, ui
File "C:\Users\Antony\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\operators\__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
from . import (
File "C:\Users\Antony\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\BlendLuxCore\operators\update.py", line 1, in <module>
import requests
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\__init__.py", line 61, in <module>
from .packages.urllib3.exceptions import DependencyWarning
File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\python\lib\site-packages\requests\packages\__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
import urllib3
ImportError: No module named 'urllib3'

"
centauri

Post by centauri »

Problem solved for me!

Couldn't start Luxmark because "OpenCL.dll" was missing, so the problem was obvious that there must be a problem with the display driver. Reinstalled it and now I can activate Lux OCL. Phew! Thanks for the support. Maybe the error handler could be improved here, as this took a real long time for me to toubleshoot. And as per google there are a few more out there with that issue.

now that I can use my GTX 1070 with OpenCL its sooo darn fast! yeeehaaaa :P
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Hm, searching on the net doesn't really bring up anyone with this exact problem.
Maybe some other program messed with your system's PATH or PYTHONPATH environment variables?
I think it's something very specific to your system.
Anthony O

Post by Anthony O »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:44 pm Hm, searching on the net doesn't really bring up anyone with this exact problem.
Maybe some other program messed with your system's PATH or PYTHONPATH environment variables?
I think it's something very specific to your system.
Ook so what to do now? Reinstall Windows? Xp is there maybe a Tool to Check for the pythonpath? Or something Else i could try? Unfortunately i am Not that much of an Expert in These topics ^^' and im a Bit affraid to reinstall everything on my mashine xp
acasta69
Developer
Developer

Post by acasta69 »

This thread describes something quite similar to your problem:
https://blenderartists.org/t/errors-whe ... on/1122692

Are other blender add-ons working for you?

You could try to rename folder "C:\Users\Antony\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79", then reinstall BlendLuxCore.
You will lose also your blender preferences and other add-ons you have installed, but it may be worth trying (you can always recover from the renamed folder if necessary).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Windows 10 64 bits, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, RAM 16 GB, GTX 970 4GB v445.87
marcatore
Donor
Donor

Post by marcatore »

I've installed in another computer (@ home) and I had the same problem on addon activation. (@work all is fine)

Yesterday I've solved just installing the Intel "thing".
Today I've tried again and Luxcore failed to load.
So I've tried to install Visual Studio thing but nothing solved.
I've tried to reinstall the Intel thing and now Luxcore is working.

I really can't understand why I've to reinstall it.
Have you something to suggest?
Anthony O

Post by Anthony O »

acasta69 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:17 am This thread describes something quite similar to your problem:
https://blenderartists.org/t/errors-whe ... on/1122692

Are other blender add-ons working for you?

You could try to rename folder "C:\Users\Antony\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79", then reinstall BlendLuxCore.
You will lose also your blender preferences and other add-ons you have installed, but it may be worth trying (you can always recover from the renamed folder if necessary).

Yes other addons do work fine for me. But i had similar Problems activating the growth nodes addon. You mean that i just rename the 2.79 folder? If it does not work for luxcore can i just rename it back to 2.79 and it will work like now? Asking because i Installed quite some addons on 2.79 ^^.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Anthony O wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm You mean that i just rename the 2.79 folder?
Yes, for example to "2.79_backup".
Anthony O wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:56 pm can i just rename it back to 2.79 and it will work like now?
Yes.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Hi, your problem seems to be different than in the other thread, but you will need to install the VS 2017 redistributable anyway: https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/vc_redist.x64.exe