randomize color workaround?

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

randomize color workaround?

Post by lacilaci »

I know this feature is in the feature poll for 2.1/2.2

But is there any workaround currently available? I could get somewhat randomization for leaves per tree(creatin duplicate tree with a bit different hsv manipulation of leaf texture) but that is another tree in the memory. Ideally some slight difference per leaf would be great too :D

other than insane memory consumption, pretty great performance +/-6min. render in 4K(denoising with nvidia though).
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: randomize color workaround?

Post by Dade »

lacilaci wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:22 pm But is there any workaround currently available? I could get somewhat randomization for leaves per tree(creatin duplicate tree with a bit different hsv manipulation of leaf texture) but that is another tree in the memory. Ideally some slight difference per leaf would be great too :D
You could mix a huge procedural texture (or an image map of some kind) with absolute coords to have slight color differences across trees.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
lacilaci
Donor
Donor

Post by lacilaci »

Dade wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:09 pm
lacilaci wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:22 pm But is there any workaround currently available? I could get somewhat randomization for leaves per tree(creatin duplicate tree with a bit different hsv manipulation of leaf texture) but that is another tree in the memory. Ideally some slight difference per leaf would be great too :D
You could mix a huge procedural texture (or an image map of some kind) with absolute coords to have slight color differences across trees.
Thanks. Also thanks for all the work you do.
I really want to keep using luxcore as much as it's possible.
Luximage

Post by Luximage »

lacilaci very nice image with the rendered trees in the first post.