Some questions...

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Some questions...

Post by Sharlybg »

Magog wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:26 pm I have a gtx1080.
Resolution 2100 x 1900 px.
I have noticed, however, that it does not use the 100% GPU during the calculation.
Thank you for your support!!!
As I written yesterday, if there was a manual to study the parameters I would avoid going to trial.

Tnx again!
We are working for upcoming tutorial. If i can give you an advice : no matter the engine render in 1k and when the project conception is Ok switch to highter settings and resolution.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I have modified your original scene in the following way:
- removed the portals
- switched to sky as world light because the HDRI was not packed
- deleted the highpoly spheres in the upper wall lights
- disabled emission in the "emit" material of the upper wall lights
- placed spotlights in the upper wall lights
- changed material brightness to 0.5 V in HSV model (this reduces noise from indirect light, real world materials are rather dim).

There are now only 11 lights (each area light counts as 2 lights because it consists of 2 triangles).
Here is a 210 sample render with Path CPU that took about 15 minutes on my notebook.
Definitely not finished and the denoiser could use some tuning (the floor tile gap in the front vanished).
Note that I rendered with 60% resolution.
Attachments
combined.jpg
denoised.jpg
2018-08-30_12-15-48.png
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

You may use lamp groups to adjust light of different lamps during rendering. Update of render is usually 10 s until you see the effect of changed lamp group gain. You can change brightness of whole scene in camera settings too.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

FarbigeWelt wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:52 am You may use lamp groups to adjust light of different lamps during rendering.
Note that if you do this, the sampling strategy will not be updated!
This means if you have a very bright light when the render starts, it will be sampled more than other lights.
If you later turn off the bright light, it will still be sampled much more than the other lights, so rendering performance is no longer optimal.
Light groups should be used with care, if you change too much after you started the render, it can be really detrimental to performance.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

This is a very good information. I usually set the gains until I like the result with lower resolution and restart the render with higher resolution.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
Magog

Post by Magog »

I have only read your answer now!
Thanks so much!
It's a great result !!!!!!!!!!!!