Problem with two layer of transparency

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
cubek

Problem with two layer of transparency

Post by cubek »

Hello
I've been trying to understand what happening with transparency in scene I work on. I've noticed strange acting of transparency. To test it, I've built simple scene which reflect problem I've met.
Sphere has material which is quite transparent, but it has defined volume. Between this sphere and camera I've put two planes, closer to sphere has transparency texture (checkered white-black), and plane closer to camera has defined transparency as constant value of solid black.
These parts of sphere that are visible only thru closer to camera plane seems that are shaded OK. However, area where sphere is visible thru both planes seems to be bit weird. It looks like second's plane transparency definition take over and doesn't summary transparencies of both planes.
I use Blender 2.79b and LuxCore 2.1 alpha1.
I've attached screen of render and 3D setup and Blender file.

Thanx
cubek
Attachments
screen.jpg
transparency_problem.blend
(738.84 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Problem with two layer of transparency

Post by Dade »

cubek wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:41 pm I use Blender 2.79b and LuxCore 2.1 alpha1.
I should have already fixed this problem in later alpha versions, try to download and install the alpha3, it should include the fix. You scene seems to work fine here:

tr.jpg
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
cubek

Re: Problem with two layer of transparency

Post by cubek »

Hi
Indeed, alpha3 solved my problem. My bad that I didn't checked if there is never version. Thank you very much for your time to look into it.

cubek