Task: Convert LuxRender project to LuxCore

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
tvvladimir

Task: Convert LuxRender project to LuxCore

Post by tvvladimir »

Hi everyone, I am looking for someone to help me convert materials and scenes from LuxRender to LuxCore project. Project is fully functional.

I have a project with a number of materials, scenes for rendering. Currently i use:
LuxRender 1.6.0 Build 16132
Blender 2.79b
LuxBlend 1.7.dev

I tried to render the project using LuxCore engine, but it seems that all materials have to be converted using Node Editor. I have no idea how to do it and simply do not have the time to learn it. So I am looking for someone to do it for me.

I will prepare a *.blend file with all models used by me in one scene and send it over for conversion. Blend file will consist of 3 scenes: black, blue and white backgrounds. I need one more scene: a render with no background at all, just white color at the back, as if the picture of the model was cut out and pasted onto a white background.

Also a simple explanation about how to control the materials would be welcome: e.g. how to make LEDs on and off, how to change used jpeg textures.

File attached with examples. Just let me know how much it would cost me.

Thanks a lot. My Contacts are as follows:
Mobile, WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram: +421 908 399 063
Email: tvvladimir@gmail.com
Attachments
Example materials.jpg
Fox

Re: Task: Convert LuxRender project to LuxCore

Post by Fox »

Maybe this video is a little help.
I'm new on LuxCore too.
https://youtu.be/embchQRrMh4
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

It is a bit convoluted but an embryonic solution could start from saving the scene in .lxs format with old LuxBlend than use LuxCoreUI to load the scene and export from there in .cfg/.scn (aka LuxCore) format. It may work if the materials are not too complex.

In general, if the number of materials is small, it may be better to convert everything by hand otherwise it requires some kind of Python script to convert the material library (it is not already available but it is technically possible).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Looks like only a few textures anyway?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:52 pm It is a bit convoluted but an embryonic solution could start from saving the scene in .lxs format with old LuxBlend than use LuxCoreUI to load the scene and export from there in .cfg/.scn (aka LuxCore) format. It may work if the materials are not too complex.
I think he wants to keep the scene in .blend format and convert from LuxBlend to BlendLuxCore addon. Is that correct?

I once wrote an addon that can create LuxCore imagemap nodes from Cycles image nodes.
With a little work it could be adapted to read LuxBlend materials instead of Cycles materials.
https://gist.github.com/Theverat/f2687c ... b93a1e6309
tvvladimir

Post by tvvladimir »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:26 pm
I think he wants to keep the scene in .blend format and convert from LuxBlend to BlendLuxCore addon. Is that correct?
(Если что я говорю по русски, я знаю у LuxCore много разработчиков из России) All files I have are *.blend files. The project was prepared for me by SATtva many years ago. And I am still using it, perfect job. Every *.blend file contains all the materials. So if I append a scene from another blend file, the new models's materials are copied to the existing *.blend file with changed names. So for example, before I had materials:
1. back.diffuse
2. circuit_board
3. glass_green

And after append I have:
1. back.diffuse
2. back_diffuse.001
3. circuit_board
4. circuit_board.001
5. glass_green
6. glass_green.001

It is very annoying, any changes to the materials are only reflected in one *.blend file. Other *.blend files are not affected.

If it would be possible to store all materials inside LuxeCore database or inside Blender database, it would make my life much easier.

(Если что я говорю по русски, я знаю у LuxCore много разработчиков из России)