Strange Effect Cube Volume

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

There is an object with many spheres. The spheres have material water. The spheres overlap with the cube. The cube has material glass. There are the volumes airvol prio 0, glassvol prio 15, watervol prio 5. Cube inside part of spheres is omitted because of priority setting. So far everything is well. What I don't understand is why the cubes is divided in subparts. I've tried with cube and subdivided cube with the same result. The scence attached is the version with the subdivided cube. What is wrong with the scene setup?
Strange Cube Volume Effect.zip
Strange Cube Volume Effect
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 158 times
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Re: Strange Effect Cube Volume

Post by FarbigeWelt »

Okay, my fault. :shock: There are several mistakes in the scene. I stripped it down to the cube. But the subparts seems to be nothing else than mirroring, resp. refraction effect. An illusion due to the chosen point of view. By the way blender default view.
Same cube, but rotated some degree around z-axis.
Strange Effect Cube Volume simplified
Strange Effect Cube Volume simplified
Last edited by FarbigeWelt on Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light and Word designing Creator - www.farbigewelt.ch - aka quantenkristall || #luxcorerender
MacBook Air with M1
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

That's just total internal reflection.
I put a colored number on each side of the cube for illustration (the 1 is at the bottom).

By the way, you have the bubbles two times on top of each other (probably because you made the duplicates real, but forgot to delete the particle system).
Attachments
Strange Effect Cube Volume_annotation.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
scrn_2018-07-28_13-54-10.png
FarbigeWelt
Donor
Donor

Post by FarbigeWelt »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:00 pm That's just total internal reflection.
I put a colored number on each side of the cube for illustration (the 1 is at the bottom).

By the way, you have the bubbles two times on top of each other (probably because you made the duplicates real, but forgot to delete the particle system).
Very nice illustration. Thank you.

Yes, I forgot to delete particle system. Lot's of modifiers get deleted applying them but not so the particle system by pressing confirmation in the modifier tab.
MacBook Air with M1