Using Previous FLM with new version

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
FranClod

Using Previous FLM with new version

Post by FranClod »

Can one use their previous FLM from version 1.6 here with the standalone version or is that verboten?
I used Reality 4 with version 1.6. Wondering if maybe I'm too early to the party.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Using Previous FLM with new version

Post by Dade »

FranClod wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:04 pm Can one use their previous FLM from version 1.6 here with the standalone version or is that verboten?
I used Reality 4 with version 1.6. Wondering if maybe I'm too early to the party.
Binary file formats (like .flm) are likely to change at each version (and the old Lux v1.6 is veeeery different from the current one).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
FranClod

Post by FranClod »

On the risk of sounding dumb and naive, how does one use the standalone version?

Previous usage:
Poser/DAZ ---> Reality ----> LuxRender

Used to be able to write a little script when LuxRender was first on the scene. Don't know how to do it with this one. Need a Ph.D. or something to code something simple as a UI for the renderer or do I go back and sit in my corner? :lol:
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

I think with the new Python API it has actually become much simpler to write a "front end application" for Lux (including UIs).
For example, there is the PySide demo, which shows how to create a basic user interface for LuxCore: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... oredemo.py

If you describe in more detail what your script should achieve, I think we can give better advice.
FranClod

Post by FranClod »

That's okay. My programming days are long gone. I'll wait for the young one with more brainpower to come to the fore. I am retired!