Gain of light sources

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Snippy224

Gain of light sources

Post by Snippy224 »

Hi all,
I have a problem with light settings in Luxcore. If I place a lamp or material with emission of light in my scene, it seems that it doesn`t matter which gain settings i set. It`s always in the same brightness, so i cant place small lights like diodes because they are much too bright. I have read somewhere that lightning in luxcore works different to other renderers, but i don`t know where i read this. Is there a tutorial which explains the light settings in luxcore? (For beginners like me :oops: )

Thank you!

Daniel
Attachments
A simple test scene. I don`t know how to get this light darker.
A simple test scene. I don`t know how to get this light darker.
Asticles
Donor
Donor

Re: Gain of light sources

Post by Asticles »

Hi,

Under camera settings->luxcore imagepipeline, you have enabled Auto Brightness, which balances the light of the scene automatically.

Since you have only one light source, it will always be shown with the same intensity.
If you want, disable that option and control the gain of the camera from the gain slide on the left. Also, you will be able to control the light gains.

edit: If you don't disable it, you always work relatively to the auto exposure values, so you have to balance everything a bit. You can also control the gain of the camera from the gain slide on the left.

I expect this can help you.

Best regards.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

It's mentioned in the FAQ: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/BlendLux ... ng_happens
By the way, here is the whole manual for the Blender addon: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/Category:BlendLuxCore
Snippy224

Post by Snippy224 »

Hi,

Thank you very much! This works. :D

Daniel