DLSC test

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
FarbigeWelt

Re: DLSC test

Post by FarbigeWelt » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:12 am

Dade wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 am
It looks like BlendLuxCore is not exposing the warmup property I was talking about. You need that one.
Please, if possible in alpha 5.

And thanks for the info, Dade. I scanned all .py files in addon to find this property yesterday, but there it isn‘t.

(Often useful commented code by the way, B.Y.O.P.)
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional, intel i7 4770K, 32 GB, AMD R9 290x 4 GB, AMD R9 390x 8 GB
Instagrammer, please join #luxcorerender for your renderings.

lacilaci

Post by lacilaci » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:27 am

And here I was hoping that DLCS would eventualy hide even the existing settings rather than exposing more parameters prone to user error and requiring endless testrenders.

Also, is opacity mapped plane really a fast way to calculate lighting? Isn't opacity mapped source hard to compute?(compared to geometry?)

B.Y.O.B.
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:47 am

lacilaci wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:27 am
And here I was hoping that DLCS would eventualy hide even the existing settings rather than exposing more parameters prone to user error and requiring endless testrenders.
When a new feature like the denoiser or DLSC is introduced, I usually expose all parameters at first because I don't know myself which ones will be needed and which ones can be auto-computed or left at defaults.
That's also why almost none of these parameters have descriptions yet: I don't know myself what exactly each knob does and where it is useful.
Once I get feedback from alpha testers and Dade, I can refine the settings and expose only those that are needed, and add useful descriptions.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties