Highlighting

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
sanjinms

Highlighting

Post by sanjinms »

Hello!
I'm big fan of Blender and Luxcore rendering. I like a highlight tile rendering but if I uncheck tile rendering there is no highlights. Of course I understand it's impossible without tiles. Is there any possibility to show in rendering windows something highlighted like irradiance contour lines which can be checked in camera settings. Simply I like to watch where is the power of machine concentrated. Sorry for my English... thnx
Btw I used Lux blend
Last edited by sanjinms on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Highlighting

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

You can enable the Samplecount AOV in the render layer settings:
scrn_2018-06-26_21-48-22.png
During the render, you can see how many samples were spent per pixel (procentually) if you select the Samplecount pass.
Brighter pixels have received more samples than darker ones.

Note that the image is only interesting after a certain amount of samples has been rendered, not right after starting the render.
The adaptive samplers use a warmup period (can be configured when noise halt condition is enabled), and before this period is over, they sample uniformly.
sanjinms

Post by sanjinms »

Thanks for quick response. You're the best! I hope in the next release the bugs with combining tiles and denoiser will be solved.... thnx again
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

sanjinms wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 pm I hope in the next release the bugs with combining tiles and denoiser will be solved....
Was this problem already reported?
If not, please open a thread or github issue for it.
sanjinms

Post by sanjinms »

Yes, it was... sorry 😀