Backface diffuse texture

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Egert_Kanep

Backface diffuse texture

Post by Egert_Kanep »

Glossy translucent material has capability to be rendered doublesided, but why there is no slot for back face diffuse color? For example leaves, they have have quite different texture on either sides, but I canonly controll roughness and specular, no other diffuse slot.
Levente
Donor
Donor

Re: Backface diffuse texture

Post by Levente »

Dear Developers, let me translate what Egert_Kanep wanted to write, he may don't know that you are doing this hard work for free in your free time for years and it is very rude to say something in his demanding, unpolite style.
So what he wanted to ask for is "...it would be very useful to have an additional slot in a double sided material node to control the texture in the 2nd side of the object, would it be possible to include this request in the development queue? Thank you in advance!"

@Egert_Kanep: please correct me if I misunderstood your request.

Cheers
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Levente wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:56 am and it is very rude to say something in his demanding, unpolite style.
I do not find his question demanding or unpolite at all, no harm done.

On topic: To be honest I have no idea, Dade can probably explain.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:22 am On topic: To be honest I have no idea, Dade can probably explain.
LuxCore materials are, at the moment, what old Lux add and they are in need of a huge overhaul. It is a big chapter on its own and it will probably be opened after the next releases (i.e. after light cache part I/II).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Egert_Kanep

Post by Egert_Kanep »

By any means, I did not mean my question to be rude or demanding. I really appreciate the work the developers do. And whenever possible I'll try to put in good words LuxCore project, I'm really a fan of it.