Cache problems

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
samorodov.sy

Cache problems

Post by samorodov.sy »

Hello everyone.
Cache problems
Please tell me, when you start rendering the interior, processing is in progress Caches (PhotonGI, Inderect Light, Environment Light). Usually processing takes no more than 5 minutes, but now there is a problem - an hour and a half and no reaction, what could be the problem?
Tried it one at a time cache the reaction does not change.
Attachments
EF2or_oao1c.jpg
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: Cache problems

Post by Sharlybg »

You are just running through the first kernel compilation.
you need to let this process finish correctly the first time.
Btw your cache settings may not be optimal I can tell more
if you share some screenshot of the scene.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
samorodov.sy

Post by samorodov.sy »

Thank you.
What information is required in the screenshot?
samorodov.sy

Post by samorodov.sy »

Sharlybg wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:08 pm You are just running through the first kernel compilation.
you need to let this process finish correctly the first time.
Btw your cache settings may not be optimal I can tell more
if you share some screenshot of the scene.
Thank you.
What information is required in the screenshot?
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Cache settings are linked to the scene design :

1__ How much diffuse surface do you have compared to reflective one
2__ How much opening do you have to let light enter
3__ Overhal lighting setup

In most case I proceed like this :

1__photon count : It is dependent to scene size but I start with 1 and only increase when needed
2__ Brute force radius scale : it help mix brute force with photon gi to avoid artifact. You can lower it at 1 or even below that with good mesh and normal orientation. lower it is faster the render and easier to have artifact . higher is a bit slower but more accurate to. scene with lot of diffuse surface benefit alot from the photon gi cache.
3__ Env cache : I tend to enable it for final render when i am already satisfied with the quality and other render setup because it can be a bit long to compute.
4__ light importance : I always set light source with bigger contribution to scene illumination with higher Light importance value and the inverse for light source with lower contribution

example day light: HDRi = 50 / Small lampshade = 5 / tiny led light = 0.0001
example night render: HDRi = 2 /ceiling spot light = 50 /Small lampshade = 10 / tiny led light = 0.0001

samorodov.sy

Post by samorodov.sy »

Sharlybg wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:48 pm Cache settings are linked to the scene design :

1__ How much diffuse surface do you have compared to reflective one
2__ How much opening do you have to let light enter
3__ Overhal lighting setup

In most case I proceed like this :

1__photon count : It is dependent to scene size but I start with 1 and only increase when needed
2__ Brute force radius scale : it help mix brute force with photon gi to avoid artifact. You can lower it at 1 or even below that with good mesh and normal orientation. lower it is faster the render and easier to have artifact . higher is a bit slower but more accurate to. scene with lot of diffuse surface benefit alot from the photon gi cache.
3__ Env cache : I tend to enable it for final render when i am already satisfied with the quality and other render setup because it can be a bit long to compute.
4__ light importance : I always set light source with bigger contribution to scene illumination with higher Light importance value and the inverse for light source with lower contribution

example day light: HDRi = 50 / Small lampshade = 5 / tiny led light = 0.0001
example night render: HDRi = 2 /ceiling spot light = 50 /Small lampshade = 10 / tiny led light = 0.0001
I set all values to the minimum, the cache worked after an hour and a half, but on subsequent scenes it was still long even taking into account that the cache was saved.
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

I set all values to the minimum, the cache worked after an hour and a half, but on subsequent scenes it was still long even taking into account that the cache was saved.
This is obviously not the correct behaviour. And I still believe something is wrong. But without a test scene we can't really help aside guessing.

Just create a simplified version of your scene no texture or anything even with just sunsky no hdri. Put your cache settings post your time and blendfile.
I will then test it here.