Internal reflections of diamonds

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Xplozv

Internal reflections of diamonds

Post by Xplozv »

Hi there,
Hope you have a safe and prosperous new year.

I am new to Luxcore and Blender and was trying to render a couple of ornaments with diamonds in it. I had multiple issues here and there which, after spending around 10-15 days, I was able to solve them. But one this I am not able to solve is internal reflections of diamonds. Online while checking tutorials and renders, I noticed that the diamonds weren't reflecting the ground material at all. They have their own crystal reflections but no ground/floor reflections.
In my case, if I put a blue ground mat, diamonds reflect blue, if i put a white ground mat, they reflect white. I am not able to solve this.
I have attached my scene setup, render settings and render.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

System - Dell Inspiron 15 7559 with Core i5-6300HQ (4C/4T), Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB and 16GB RAM.

Thank you in advance.
comparo with dif ground mat.jpg
scene setup.jpg
test_scene_1.jpg
Last edited by Xplozv on Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
dilysmoore

Re: Internal reflections of diamonds

Post by dilysmoore »

5 common mistakes when vacuuming

Vacuuming is a piece of cake. It’s nothing more than pushing and pulling the vacuum cleaner for home around the floor. That’s what people usually think. The truth is that using a vacuum cleaner requires a little more attention. It includes storage, operation, and maintenance as well. There are some common mistakes people make, and they’re often overlooked. Let’s find out what the most common mistakes are:

Check This Out: https://www.facebook.com/iwikithekinglive/posts/1022754308674631

1.Wait until the bag is full

People who use bagged vacuum cleaners usually make this mistake. When the bag is not full to the top, users think there’s still room to hold more dust and debris, so they don’t rush to empty it. However, when you try to make the most of the bag, it will cause the vacuum cleaner to work harder. In the long run, this habit will harm the machine. The same thing happens with the dust cup of bagless vacuum cleaners. When the bag is three-fourth full, you can empty it to regain more powerful suction the next time you vacuum. Although some Best Rated Vacuum Cleaners have a “check-bag” indicator, you should regularly check it for yourself and empty it when needed.

2.Don’t check the filter

When users bring a vacuum home, they are told to clean the canister often. But they probably don’t remember a hidden part called the “filter”, or maybe they remember it but refuse to do it because of the complexity, and they just leave it dirty. A clean canister but a dirty filter won’t make your floor clean. Even worse, a plugged filter can burn the motor out. Never forget to examine this small but powerful part. When you recognize something is happening with the filter like being very dirty, torn, or showing signs of wear, it’s time to get a new one.

3.Carelessly Rewind the cord

With corded vacuum cleaners that have a button to rewind the cord, I see some people just hit the button and leave the wire reversing. That practice can cause the cord to get off track. And when it happens, you will need to spend money on a repair. You had better take the cord in your hand and press the button at the same time; this will keep it orderly on the reel.

4.Don’t untangle hair or strings

This is a mistake we make because we don’t usually check the brush roll but merely take the vacuum cleaner out of the storage place then clean the house. Tangled hair or strings can break the motor. Before operating the machine, users should check to see if there is any hair that needs to be untangled. It’s just a small step but it’s necessary for a good deep cleaning.

5.Don’t use the accessories

Manufacturers produce various attachments to help us reach various surfaces. It takes a few steps to assemble and then disassemble them, and some people feel lazy to go through the extra procedures. But those brushes and crevice tools help you clean surfaces more easily; they remove dust and allergens more efficiently.

Related Article: The Top Rated Vacuum Cleaners - Get the Scoop

Do you make any of the mistakes I listed above? If not, you are an excellent house cleaner. If yes, now you know what you’re doing wrong. Avoid these mistakes in the future for a long-lasting vacuum cleaner for home and a cleaner house. Don’t forget to share this with your family members, relatives, or friends. Keep calm and vacuum on!
Last edited by dilysmoore on Tue May 23, 2023 7:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Xplozv

Post by Xplozv »

Hi, dilysmoore
I wasn't able to add URL of image previously. Now I have added and updated the post. You can check it

Thanks
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

Xplozv wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:54 pm But one this I am not able to solve is internal reflections of diamonds. Online while checking tutorials and renders, I noticed that the diamonds weren't reflecting the ground material at all. They have their own crystal reflections but no ground/floor reflections.
In my case, if I put a blue ground mat, diamonds reflect blue, if i put a white ground mat, they reflect white. I am not able to solve this.
I have attached my scene setup, render settings and render.
I think what you are looking for is to set a world light source to a light blue when using a blue background plane and to white for the white background. Just use a low intensity and it should produce the effect you are looking for.

You may be overestimating the effect of the ground color alone (while the diamonds are reflecting all the environment around them). The ground account for "only" something like 1/6 of the environment reflected by the diamonds.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
Xplozv

Post by Xplozv »

Dade wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:04 pm
I think what you are looking for is to set a world light source to a light blue when using a blue background plane and to white for the white background. Just use a low intensity and it should produce the effect you are looking for.

You may be overestimating the effect of the ground color alone (while the diamonds are reflecting all the environment around them). The ground account for "only" something like 1/6 of the environment reflected by the diamonds.

Thank you for your tip, Dade. I'll definitely try it and post it.