Cannot install daily build for Blender 2.93

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
cloudrunner

Cannot install daily build for Blender 2.93

Post by cloudrunner »

I downloaded the daily build that is supposed to be used for Blender 2.93. I opened preferences and went to addons. I clicked on install and went to the downloaded ZIP file. I highlighted the file in the browser and clicked on install. It changed to a screen showing python init file and I clicked on it and pressed install. Nothing happened. Nothing at all. I looked for the addon and nothing. I have tried this multiple times. I have the appropriate C++ libraries on my system through the latest update in October 2021. No errors..no anything.

How can I get this installed? I just looked at the Blender system console and it says that it was installed in the C:\Users\losle\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons. It shows main_py for todays date. But it is nowhere in the addons list. I have close and reopened the app several times.

Why? Thank you in advance
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Cannot install daily build for Blender 2.93

Post by Dade »

cloudrunner wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:16 am It changed to a screen showing python init file and I clicked on it and pressed install.
It sounds like you are opening the .zip, you have instead to select the .zip file and press install: https://wiki.luxcorerender.org/BlendLux ... stallation
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties