first steps on luxcore

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: first steps on luxcore

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Sharlybg wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:34 pm
Sharlybg wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:20 pm Motion blur doesn't work on emitted particles: Alpha5
Blend
particule motion blure.blend
Just remenber about this. Do we support it now ?
No, not yet.
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

Hi!
here the author in 1.7 version makes the material "white glass"
https://youtu.be/GpvHYi8uW1Y?t=28m32s

In the new version 2.0 interface, and the node has changed, and I can't repeat the material.
The author uses material "Glass 2" which is no more. I assumed that all combined in just the glass.
At the end of the development of the material, the author reduces some transparency:

I assumed tepere this transparency made here:

Is to reduce it, as the objects had no modificator Subsurf become visible edge of the polygon:

PS: where can I download this test scene?

PS2: In conclusion, allow me to thank You for the excellent render!
I was very impressed with the results of the author's video lessons with beer bottles and interior. I'm inspired!
Now you are in the list of those who I make a Donat
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dez! wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:34 am In the new version 2.0 interface, and the node has changed, and I can't repeat the material.
The author uses material "Glass 2" which is no more. I assumed that all combined in just the glass.
Yes, just use glass. If you attach an interior volume it behaves like the old glass2 (using the volume IOR).
Dez! wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:34 am At the end of the development of the material, the author reduces some transparency:
I assumed tepere this transparency made here:
Yes, however the new opacity is much faster than the old alpha transparency.
Dez! wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:34 am Is to reduce it, as the objects had no modificator Subsurf become visible edge of the polygon:
Smooth shading is a trick that only works with mesh surfaces. What you see in your image is the volume contained within the mesh - it just looks like a solid surface because of the high scattering scale. Shooth shading does not work on volumes, so you will have to subdivide the mesh more.
Dez! wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:34 am PS: where can I download this test scene?
We should add it to the test scene repository, but until then, here you go.
Attachments
luxball_luxcore.blend.zip
(3.39 MiB) Downloaded 410 times
Dez!

Post by Dez! »

Thank you for the detailed answer ;)
Linux Plasma | Ryzen 5, 32Gb, SSD M2, GT 590 RX | BenQ 27 | Wacom One | Microsoft Ergo | Tie Guan Yin tea
http://dezigner.tilda.ws/