Altering Sun Gain value - interior scene

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
JuandeLara

Altering Sun Gain value - interior scene

Post by JuandeLara »

Hi,

I am working with some interior scenes, and have been working on setting up the renderer settings for a while.

Now, I wanted to calibrate it with a real scenario. I chose to recreate my room in 3D and simulate the lighting coming through the window (real time vs. rendered). I realised the best results, in terms of matching both real scenario and render is to increase my sun-light GAIN value to 3.0--this seems to provide the necessary intensity. I wonder if this would be a correct approach, and if not, what alternatives would there be.

Thank you!
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Altering Sun Gain value - interior scene

Post by Dade »

JuandeLara wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:29 pm Now, I wanted to calibrate it with a real scenario. I chose to recreate my room in 3D and simulate the lighting coming through the window (real time vs. rendered). I realised the best results, in terms of matching both real scenario and render is to increase my sun-light GAIN value to 3.0--this seems to provide the necessary intensity. I wonder if this would be a correct approach, and if not, what alternatives would there be.
You can increase the sun gain or increase the camera exposure: I mean, you are probably missing a term (i.e. the camera parameters) of you real life room picture.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties