How to use Light group in Luxcore Standalone?

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
richardbao

How to use Light group in Luxcore Standalone?

Post by richardbao »

Hey guys, Luxcore light group is a really amazing feature. I checked the blender luxcore verion tutorial, it seems the light group feature was implemented by composing different render outputs. However, i am not sure if this light group feature is also available in luxcore stand-alone version?since the DCC we developed now does not have a compositing function. i was afraid this light group feature require compositing funtion to work with it?
any help will be appreciated.(ps: i did not find any info about how to use light group in stand-alone version)
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Re: How to use Light group in Luxcore Standalone?

Post by Sharlybg »

Yes Light group is integrated into Luxcore standalone.
The blender addon call functions from there to make it work.
As a proof Felixrender wich work with Luxcore now support Light group.

Btw will be nice to know a bit more about this DCC app. Why not ? top secret ;)
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
richardbao

Post by richardbao »

Sharlybg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:16 am Yes Light group is integrated into Luxcore standalone.
The blender addon call functions from there to make it work.
As a proof Felixrender wich work with Luxcore now support Light group.

Btw will be nice to know a bit more about this DCC app. Why not ? top secret ;)
Thanks for responding. well. the DCC app is for interior design, still in development, sorry i cannot tell too much about it,
for the light group, is there any doc on how to use it, i did not find any info using it, which is really confuse though.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

richardbao wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:28 am Thanks for responding. well. the DCC app is for interior design, still in development, sorry i cannot tell too much about it,
for the light group, is there any doc on how to use it, i did not find any info using it, which is really confuse though.
Do you work in Python or C++ ? LuxCoreUI (C++) code related to light groups is here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCor ... window.cpp (they are called "radiance groups" in LuxCore API).
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties