Camera projection

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Camera projection

Post by TAO »

Is there any type of Camera projection map, or any fixable texture map base on camera view in LuxCore?
Dade
Developer
Developer

Re: Camera projection

Post by Dade »

There is a projected light source :?: What are you looking exactly for ?
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

I think he's looking for "Camera projection" UV mapping from view.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

Dade wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:07 pm There is a projected light source :?: What are you looking exactly for ?
Exactly as kintuX explains, I need a fixed map from the camera projected on the object. So it will be fixed on the whole screen. that is really handy when there is no UV map of any kind and still you need to map an object base on your view. Also, when you need to create a matte painting scene or add an object to an image or video that needs to have a UV base on the background.
Ericka

Post by Ericka »

kintuX wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:05 pm I think he's looking for "Camera projection" UV mapping from view.
That's really handy, i always use it, i wonder why i did not notice it until now. it is perfect for create realtime scenes in vewport too.
With projection map there is no need for UV too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaZ_aoVMJZk
Simple scene in archviz using camera projection.
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

We have holdouts and other composing tool like object mask, etc. :?:
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

That ain't the same... even example above is quite basic and can be achieved with different techniques.

But advantage of Camera Projection is in more complex scenes, since user can texture an object from many & any POV, as it can position "Camera(s)" where ever & at any desirable distance, angle to project/map a texture to an object's UV space and after render from any POV/camera, yet l projected texture will remain on that surface regardless (unless camera is animated ;) ). No compositing/matte painting or whatever extra tech. skill is needed. It's really made for fast and easy workflow. (Check old school Projection Man).
Also, it's also one of most used tex. projections in archviz.

C4D w/ Corona is really easy-peasy work, but I still have to see it with Blender. IIRC ( tried once, many years ago), it needs extra subD otherwise textures get all distorted... :roll:
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/late ... oject.html
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

kintuX wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:07 pm That ain't the same... even example above is quite basic and can be achieved with different techniques.

But advantage of Camera Projection is in more complex scenes, since user can texture an object from many & any POV, as it can position "Camera(s)" where ever & at any desirable distance, angle to project/map a texture to an object's UV space and after render from any POV/camera, yet l projected texture will remain on that surface regardless (unless camera is animated ;) ). No compositing/matte painting or whatever extra tech. skill is needed. It's really made for fast and easy workflow. (Check old school Projection Man).
Also, it's also one of most used tex. projections in archviz.

C4D w/ Corona is really easy-peasy work, but I still have to see it with Blender. IIRC ( tried once, many years ago), it needs extra subD otherwise textures get all distorted... :roll:
https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/late ... oject.html
As you and other users mention is super handy, so is this exist in LuxCore with the exact concept?
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

Dade wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:07 pm What are you looking exactly for ?
In Cycles it looks like below. It's a mapping with the position in camera space as the output.
Attachments
Camera projection
Camera projection
Object space projection, for comparison
Object space projection, for comparison
Dade
Developer
Developer

Post by Dade »

It looks to me more as a modeller tool than a renderer one but it should easy to add anyway.