Camera projection

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
B.Y.O.B.
Developer
Developer

Re: Camera projection

Post by B.Y.O.B. »

TAO wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:15 am Updating a scene is one solution, but i think having support for multiple camera at leat 2 camera is far more better solution, imagine that camera projection moving through the time, for each frame scene should be translate and again update after that to be able to render correctlly.
Also having multiple camera is good for multi camera render session too, so we can have as many camera as we want and a flag to decide which one need to be render, so it will be no need for sending another scene to render qeue and just simplly change the camera flag. of course this is a different feature but it can be considered if multiple camera feature is avilable.
I don't see why the information about multiple cameras needs to be stored in LuxCore itself, though. You can store as many camera definitions as you want in the host software (e.g. the 3ds max plugin) and use LuxCore scene edits to switch between cameras.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Re: Camera projection

Post by TAO »

B.Y.O.B. wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:03 am
TAO wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:15 am Updating a scene is one solution, but i think having support for multiple camera at leat 2 camera is far more better solution, imagine that camera projection moving through the time, for each frame scene should be translate and again update after that to be able to render correctlly.
Also having multiple camera is good for multi camera render session too, so we can have as many camera as we want and a flag to decide which one need to be render, so it will be no need for sending another scene to render qeue and just simplly change the camera flag. of course this is a different feature but it can be considered if multiple camera feature is avilable.
I don't see why the information about multiple cameras needs to be stored in LuxCore itself, though. You can store as many camera definitions as you want in the host software (e.g. the 3ds max plugin) and use LuxCore scene edits to switch between cameras.
Simply because we can have more than one object and more than one camera to project on! Let's say we have 3 objects that all use 3 different camera projections. There is another case that one object can use multiple cameras as a map projector for different channel maps and many more cases. of course, one way as you suggested will be to create the scene with one camera after each other and then in the last step after all of generating the scene, start to update to the last camera to render the final view if it is possible at all. I don't think that's a good solution.

For example, in my last scene, I had to use 4 different camera projections that use 3 different cameras for just one object and have different objects that use other cameras as well.
Screenshot 2021-07-25 235947.jpeg
when camera projection exists, users can use it in really different forms, with abilities of using just one camera it is almost impossible to create complex scene.