Don`t understand, how to make the lamps. Help me, please.

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
Snowcarver

Don`t understand, how to make the lamps. Help me, please.

Post by Snowcarver »

Hello,

maybe I haven`t systematically understanding of lights working in LuxCore... But result is bad. I was attached the image, help me, please.

Material of cover - matte translucent
Area light gain - 500
Attachments
Lighting.PNG
Snowcarver

Re: Don`t understand, how to make the lamps. Help me, please.

Post by Snowcarver »

Maybe it looks stupid..

This is a question mainly about artifical lights in interiors. There are many scenes with daylight, but how correctly set up scene with artifical lights, like torchers, chandeliers etc?. Make meshlights with gradient textures for light faloff, or? Maybe Your experience?
Sharlybg
Donor
Donor

Post by Sharlybg »

Snowcarver wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:51 am Maybe it looks stupid..

This is a question mainly about artifical lights in interiors. There are many scenes with daylight, but how correctly set up scene with artifical lights, like torchers, chandeliers etc?. Make meshlights with gradient textures for light faloff, or? Maybe Your experience?
First you have to understand how the light you want to mimic in real life is done or produce light. Then find an efficient way to produce the same look.
in this case you will have to use feature like shadow color or Front/back opacity node to make something plausible.
Support LuxCoreRender project with salts and bounties

Portfolio : https://www.behance.net/DRAVIA
kintuX

Post by kintuX »

Study by mimicking reality and realize that interior photography is art aka "fake" (done by using multi-exposure, adding extra lights & light painting, post pro...) but aesthetically pleasing.
Suggestion: First find yourself a real photo reference. Then Model the scene. Leave materials alone and tackle only lighting.
Share a scene...
We'll then be able to better help you achieve your wanted skills.

Starting with pre-made scenes only tends to add to confusion instead of showing you a way to get to your destination.