Volumetric render ....

Use this forum for general user support and related questions.
Forum rules
Please upload a testscene that allows developers to reproduce the problem, and attach some images.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Re: Volumetric render ....

Post by TAO »

DionXein wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:27 am Try to make more complex setup for volume shader.
Much better, it getting close, you need more displacement on the mesh before applying volume. Also, you can add deformation or editing the base mesh too.
DionXein

Post by DionXein »

TAO wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:40 am
DionXein wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 5:27 am Try to make more complex setup for volume shader.
Much better, it getting close, you need more displacement on the mesh before applying volume.
Ye, here I tried to stay in bounds of original mesh. Maybe more interesting base mesh helps. Btw less max step and lower step size helps to define volume shape with more details.
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

DionXein wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:49 am
TAO wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:40 am
Much better, it getting close, you need more displacement on the mesh before applying volume.
Ye, here I tried to stay in bounds of original mesh. Maybe more interesting base mesh helps. Btw less max step and lower step size helps to define volume shape with more details.
Exactly, try a few more times and you will get more interesting results.
DionXein

Post by DionXein »

So I made this with another settings for volume inside. It's compute about 1 hour and 10 min on RTX 2080 and Xeon 2680. And a little bit of post proc inside blender.
Attachments
header_Post.jpg
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

I like it.
DionXein

Post by DionXein »

TAO wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:52 amI like it.
Thank you :D
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

DionXein wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:22 am
TAO wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:52 amI like it.
Thank you :D
You can do more by adding details on a small level.
Like this work that I did before.
Volume07-s-S.jpg
Honestly, I will do a few micro works, that's always fascinated me.
DionXein

Post by DionXein »

TAO wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:22 pm You can do more by adding details on a small level.
In truth, I dont think Lux can reach this level of precision and detail. Or it will take hours to render them. Or I am just not enough competent to find right settings. :roll:
TAO
Developer
Developer

Post by TAO »

DionXein wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:51 pm
TAO wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:22 pm You can do more by adding details on a small level.
In truth, I dont think Lux can reach this level of precision and detail. Or it will take hours to render them. Or I am just not enough competent to find right settings. :roll:
I'm not good at blender as you but I can give it a try, if you want to send me the blender scene and I will check if I can reach the better result or it is not possible at this time.
DionXein

Post by DionXein »

TAO wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:52 pm I'm not good at blender as you but I can give it a try, if you want to send me the blender scene and I will check if I can reach the better result or it is not possible at this time.
Sure, give it a try.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EzU_ie ... sp=sharing